Notices

Day 5 after big slip

Old 12-04-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 after big slip

Always thought after a slip I would stay out there but haven't because I have somewhere to turn to and am so greatful x
Old 12-04-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back and great job getting right back at it! I slipped three times in October. It happens and all you can do is dust yourself off and go back to not drinking. Hopefully you learned some things from your slip that will help you prevent another. I know I sure did!
Old 12-04-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just thought I'd check in after falling off the wagon again and making a complete tit out myself.Hard time of the year coming with Christmas and new year but we can do it. Your aware that you messed up and your back,I'm taking that as a positive, stay lucky :-)
Old 12-05-2013, 01:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Chin up, learn from it and keep moving forward!!
Old 12-05-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It is so inspiring to see that people realise a slip doesn't mean it's the end of the battle.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I found that I didn't enjoy it but was still keen on the thought of drinking ,that kept on recurring, it was only when I dealt with that thought that things moved on , and I feel that was when I started to begin to see and feel sobriety in enjoyment of so many other things
It really did open up my life to so much more.
It's good to see you back!
How long was the slip and did you see it coming?
John.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by liss74 View Post
Always thought after a slip I would stay out there but haven't because I have somewhere to turn to and am so greatful x
It's good that you're back so quickly.

I had a three-year relapse beginning in 2008. I didn't know about SR at the time, but my best guess is that I would have continued drinking regardless. I'll never know, but the important thing is that I've been sober now for over two years.

You can do a lot of damage in a single day. In three years, you can easily lose everything.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
I found that I didn't enjoy it but was still keen on the thought of drinking ,that kept on recurring, it was only when I dealt with that thought that things moved on , and I feel that was when I started to begin to see and feel sobriety in enjoyment of so many other things It really did open up my life to so much more. It's good to see you back! How long was the slip and did you see it coming? John.
it was one night and no didn't see it coming at all looking back I can see now x