Notices

I Need To Change

Old 12-02-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Smile I Need To Change

Most of you here probably don't know me. Some of you that are still around do. And after all of these years, I can honestly say, I have had my ups and downs with recovery and remaining clean. The Sober part well... Yeah that too.

I wasn't even for sure if I knew my username or login, yet somethings you never forget. My health issues remain the same, I have good days and I have not so good of days. Last winter I had HOPSES (spelling) in here, I was coughing up a lime almost dark green when I spit. The home Health Nurse or the Doctors again didn't think I would make it through that winter. I also ended up messing up both of my akelics tendons? Pardon for the spelling. They are still very sore. I probably should use my cane or walker to keep the pressure off of the feet, yet, It is hard enough with the oxygen that I am on let alone anything else.

What I need To Change is yes everything. I know that I can with the help of all of you. It worked for me before here and I know I can do it again here. I am excited about doing this. Due to my health and stress, I have given up all sites that I ran but one. I won't talk about it here, it is just a site that I make my own images.

So Today, I called someone from SR that I met when I first Registered and I Knew she was going to rip my AZZ! That is why I called, she tells me like it is and than it is up to me to do it. Right now, I have quite a few 24hrs behind me of my drug of choice which is meth. My Son says it is 3 years I say it is two years. It doesn't really matter cause all we do have is today.

I have a lot of anger built up in me due to Family issues. I don't know what to do. I pretty much was the black sheep of the Family. Anyway enough out of me, I will try to keep this going each day. I will try and help the newcomers as much as I can because they are the ones that helps me out the most.

Thanks for allowing me to vent. I hope to get to know you during this part of our journey

With Love and Working on Respect
Luckyv2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Choose-Peace.jpg (11.1 KB, 181 views)
Old 12-02-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Oh yeah I forgot I need to get to the online meetings cause I am still home bound!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome back Vic! of course i remember you!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! I'm glad you're giving it another go. Never never give up!!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad you came back Lucky/Vic. This place has meant the world to me. Together we can stand strong and make it through the challenges & over the hurdles.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you Vic
Sorry for your health issues but I'm glad there are some good days in there too

glad you reached out today
D
Old 12-02-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello Vic!! I remember you I am now under a different username. I recently came back and I thought about you when I did. We were even friends on Myspace back in the day So glad to see you and sorry to hear of your health problems.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thank you everyone and it is a good start. Like Pat would tell me keep working on 6 and 7... Gotta go took my evening meds. Have a wonderful evening!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Vic! As a newbie here, what's your advice in dealing with this sh!t? For me it isn't to not drinking, it's learning to live again.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((Vic))))) it's good to see you posting!!!

I too have been a stranger to the boards, but since I finally 'divorced' the dysfunctional part of my family and the drama is no more, I found I had and have much more time to work with my Belgians and have again gotten involved in fostering and rescuing Belgian Malinois, lol also gets me out and about more, and yes to a face to face meeting now and then, and HP sure knows how to get the newcomers to call me, roflmao just when I don't think I need it, lol

And in case Vic's post was a bit confusing, he is still sober and clean, just been on the 'pitty pot' lol from his health issues and boy do I understand that one!!!!!

So glad you are posting again!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 12-03-2013, 04:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

vic, great seeing you!

and feel free to call me also, as i can ream you a new ass too!

love you bro
Old 12-03-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome Back Vic! I heard you were back out there in cyberland. Good to see you. And yes, change is good. Big hugs.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thank you all!

Running late here, I had to do my dishes today and I have a FB page or so LOL, yet I personally need this. I am extremely Grateful for this day. I woke up at 3 or 4am and have been up since. I had to have my nephew take me to the bank and than we got pizza. I sat the pizza on my computer Chair and opened up the lid and my nephew turned around and it flipped on the ground. Not all of it and I started laughing. He said throw it away, I said heck NO I've had to eat out of trash cans before this won't be that bad a few dog hairs LOL for real.

It does feel so good to be back here. I am going to check out some of the post, I don't have a lot of energy since I had to walk into the bank today to make this transaction so am quite exhausted right now. Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the day. It is a good day right!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Oh yeah Pat I almost did call you but my cell phone that your number is on was dead. I will exchange numbers later OK pretty worn out right now
Old 12-03-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Mikie9 View Post
Hi Vic! As a newbie here, what's your advice in dealing with this sh!t? For me it isn't to not drinking, it's learning to live again.
For me Mike it is learning how to live again. However with that said, we have to Change the people, places and things or play grounds. I think a lot of us are more addictive to the life style than anything else. That is just my opinion. If you want to use, sit on your hands, call someone, go to a meeting, just don't pick up!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Wishing you all the luck in the world xx
Old 12-04-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thank you KateL I need all the Luck I can get. LOL When I got into *The Program* they say get one sponsor! Heck they figured I needed 3 and I did as they said. I wouldn't do anything before I asked my Sponsor about it.

I remember Bernie (God rest his soul) but he said, "Vic, see that sign on the wall that says Think, Think, Think?" I replied, "Yes." He said, "That doesn't apply to you. You run everything thru me and we will decide what to keep and what to throw away." Quite humbling if ya ask me.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I found this site three days ago and refuse to close the tab. If I have to be somewhere, it might as well be here where people get it. Surround yourself with these people. I am 3 days sober after a black out / binge drinking/ suicide attempt. I am cleaning up the aftermath and not going to dwell on the guilt. I am almost 50 years old and this isn't my first rodeo with recovery. I know what to do, and so do you!!! and you will!!!
Old 12-04-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by cc64 View Post
I am 3 days sober after a black out / binge drinking/ suicide attempt. I am cleaning up the aftermath and not going to dwell on the guilt. I am almost 50 years old and this isn't my first rodeo with recovery. I know what to do, and so do you!!! and you will!!!
Thank you so much! I have quite a few 24hrs over 2 years I say, my son says it has been 3 years. I don't even remember what day it was so I just used Thanksgiving day. And I have been known as a chronic Relapser, that is going to change as well.... We can do it together, I love this site it has been a long time since I actually been active. Glad that I can be today! I think it was when I was 50 that I said it was enough and time to Change so yes we can!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Vic, I'm so sorry I missed your thread. It's so good to see you here.

(((Vic)))