Here we are again.. sleeping beauty

Old 11-30-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we are again.. sleeping beauty

So my "recovering" AH is yet again.. still sleeping in bed at 1:31 pm. For someone who is "clean and sober" and "working a recovery program" seems awful like a bunch of BS. I hope he atrophies and can't move his BIG smelly &%#, I am wishing bed sores and a freaking toothbrush on him. He is stinking up my bedroom. ARGH.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am sorry to hear that, can you close the door and take some special time just for you? I hope he "wakes up" to recovery soon but in the meantime I hope you take very special care of yourself...you're worth it.

Hugs
Old 11-30-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure it's driving you crazy.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by dane5679 View Post
So my "recovering" AH is yet again.. still sleeping in bed at 1:31 pm. For someone who is "clean and sober" and "working a recovery program" seems awful like a bunch of BS. I hope he atrophies and can't move his BIG smelly &%#, I am wishing bed sores and a freaking toothbrush on him. He is stinking up my bedroom. ARGH.
Sorry to hear this.

Have you considered all your options in terms of dealing with this?

ZoSo
Old 11-30-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dane, I'm so sorry for what you're going through. It sounds from your posts like this has been going on for years. Do you want to make a change? There are a lot of catchy sayings about this: The ride stops as soon as you get off. Let go or be dragged. Nothing changes until something changes. You can be the change. You get the idea! Wishing you a peaceful weekend! Hugs
Old 12-01-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

IDK about her, but sometimes when you're in the position she is, you're just too overwhelmed to do anything about it. Everything seems like such a big production. Right now, that's where I am. Idk where to start, so I just stay sober & do nothing else. It's a rough spot to be in, but at least I have my sobriety to hold onto.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry for what you are going through, Dane. I know how infuriating it is. My son did the same thing and I will tell you this, they do NOT like to be sprayed down with Febreeze. Seriously though, take care of you and when you are ready, you will do what is best for you (and him) in the long run. Thoughts and prayers for you from another frustrated mother. (((big hugs as well)))
Old 12-01-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ladybug77 you made me laugh for the first time in what seems like days! Thank you