Notices

tough night in the books

Old 11-29-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tough night in the books

Wow, what a night. Congrats on to all those who survived the first sober thanksgiving. And to those who may have caved, I hope you can pick up and get going again soon: all is not lost. I spent about two hours last night, just hanging out on SR, reading posts and threads, and trying to offer anything I could, struggling with my own cravings; however, I woke up to see that it dosen't look like my responses on threads are showing up--hmmm. . .is it my computer? Am I still not using the site right? Anyway, I'm a bit sad because I had a some heartfelt comments. So, just for the record, I heard and thought about many of you last night, and my thoughts of support were with you.

And I think the sleep issue is FINALLY coming around. It's not at all great, but I feel like I am just starting to relearn. I have the first glance of a future with sleep.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And this time, you wrote sort of what I came to write this morning. I went thru a very rough day yesterday and had doubts about making it thru. My small family didn't do anything for thanksgiving this year, so I was alone all day and night. I had so many negative thoughts and temptations.

But when I laid my head down to go to sleep, my mind seemed to drop the bad thoughts of the day, and just started going over what I was going to do tomorrow, and i slept 9 deep hours and feel so good that I made it thru. Almost feels like I got a shot of confidence in this process. I still have 3 days off from work, so I am trying to plan out activities for the rest of the weekend. If nothing else I will just wear myself out with exercise.

Hang in there malcolm, we are getting thru this and it is looking better and better each morning!
Old 11-29-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh and I just checked, your posts went thru last night. When I click your name and click find more posts by, it shows many posts from 9:30p-12:30a or so.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Mikie9. I'm so happy that you made it through the night. Man that was brutal. My mind started going to Thanksgivings past, and I had to really work at remembering the torment AFTER the so-called celebration, which I see now as obliteration. And, hey congrats on your day 10! Have a good weekend, bud. Stay strong.

thanks for checking the posts, I guess I have the capacity to do that too? I'm still learning how to use this site.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks man, glad you are right along with me! My day and night was one of remembering all the stupid things I had done or said drunk, the obsessive feelings I use to always have and the hating of myself for the days and nights wasted away for a buzz. There's a slide show no one wants to see lol.

You can check like I did, just click your name that's to the left of your posts and a menu will pop down.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by malcolmsloan View Post
And I think the sleep issue is FINALLY coming around.

Glad for you. Getting the booze monkey off the back is hard enough when well-rested. Many of my past cave-ins were related to sleep deprivation.

One hurdle down, many more to go, but sounds like you're on your way.