Really? What difference does it make which wines we bring?

Old 11-28-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Really? What difference does it make which wines we bring?

...to Thanksgiving at my parents' house? "I'm saving the stuff on the right." For what, pray tell? My 85-year-old father, who by the way thinks you're a prince, isn't good enough for the "good stuff" you're holding onto? And I'm such a fricking coward for not bringing the "good stuff." I am disgusted with myself and angry with RAH. Grrrrr. Over the river and through the woods, now...
Old 11-28-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry your holiday is off to a bad start. If it makes you feel any better, mine was drunk by 9:30am!

********{Hugs}}}}}

Maybe after the holidays, free yourself from secrecy? Does your dad know your husband is an alcoholic?
Old 11-28-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi CatHair.

I hope that your thanksgiving improved as the day got on. Don't be hard on yourself about the wine. You aren't a coward. There are just some things that aren't worth discussing with an alcoholic. Especially alcohol.

Hugs.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, friends. You are right -- the topic wasn't worth argument, and Dad appreciated what we brought. It was more the control issue that I allowed to bother me, then later in the day seeing that I did indeed "marry my father" for worse as well as for better. Sigh. RAH did prepare a fine bird and clean up afterward. Counting my blessings one day at a time...
Old 11-29-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
There are just some things that aren't worth discussing with an alcoholic. Especially alcohol.
^^^ yes