Notices

new

Old 11-25-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new

I am struggling with my sobriety and started drinking again. Can not seem to handle life either way. My partner died 14 years ago and I have gone from a beautiful woman 2 an older much less active member of life. I am just wondering if any one can relate.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome peaceofme. It's great to have you here. I hope you'll feel better talking about your situation.

I've abused alcohol to try & help with grieving in the past. It just prolonged the healing process - and kept me numb & foggy. I wasn't very enthused about anything during those times. I always fell back on alcohol to make things better - but I finally learned it was slowly killing my spirit & making me miserable. It may have helped ease the pain temporarily, but the price I paid for my addiction was never worth it. I hope you'll find your way back to your sober life. We're glad you're here.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm sorry you are struggling right now. I hope that the support here can help you stop drinking for good.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

peaceofme

in some way i can relate, although i did not lose a love one, i did lose something special to me.
i am sure you still are a very beautiful woman inside and outside. do you have any friends you can do things with?

there is a great chat room here with wonderful people, it helped me alot, try it out.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome peace of me

I think a lot of people here can relate - you'll find support and understanding here - and maybe a little hope as well

I'm glad you've joined us

D
Old 11-25-2013, 10:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

to the forums. I can relate, I lost my fiancé to a brain tumour 4 years ago and only recently realised that he wouldn't have wanted me to drink my life away.
Here if you need/want to talk.
Hugs to you Xx