Notices

Tired of feeling this way

Old 11-25-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tired of feeling this way

Hi,

I found this site while researching binge drinking the day after two weekend nights during which I blacked out. My problem is binge drinking, like many other stories I have read on here I have no cravings for alcohol and don't drink during the week but when the weekend comes I really get after it. I am 23 and working on my master's degree and feel that the way I drink is inappropriate, unhealthy and dangerous. Over the past few years I have gone through periods in time when I rarely went out and got drunk but would always come back to getting drunk every weekend. I know it is a problem because once I start I can't stop and I make decisions that I would never make sober. I am today, as I always am after drinking too much, so ashamed of myself and my actions. I am afraid of where this could lead and can't bear the thought of losing my partner because of a mistake I made while drinking.
I joined this site because I am too ashamed to even tell my therapist the things that I have done and how much of a problem it is. I need help and support to get this under control before it is too late.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Don't be ashamed to tell your therapist. How can they help you if you're not honest with them? Come clean and tell them you need help.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome SandyBeaches23, SR is a great place for support. Don't let feeling ashamed stop you from getting help. Being honest with my doctor about how bad my drinking was and having support was vital to my recovery. Glad you have joined us.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome SandyBeaches

If there's one thing I've learned it's to never let my pride or my shame stop me from reaching out for help.

You'll find a lot of support and understanding here

D