Notices

I can't remember

Old 11-25-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can't remember

Just thought I would share something light hearted. In recovery now 6 months and feeling great.
I saw something on tv tonight that made me think, "I can't remember" ever very often having a glass of wine that I really sipped to enjoy the flavour. There were
a couple having dinner and enjoying a rose with their meal. I know that there will be some readers that are thinking, well I don't think that sort of thing anymore so he must be edgy or constantly thinks of wanting a drink.
That's not the case at all, as a matter of fact it makes me have a chuckle at myself because previously if that was me at that dinner table the glass would have been emptied a few times before the meal even came out.
It sort of made me a little jealous because I never had that sipping ability.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
quat

Similarily I noticed lately that I pay less attention to the wait staff in a restaurant. For years my 'job' when being seated and starting ordering was to pay particular attention to the waitress/waiter and their route through the other tables, I wanted to make sure I could get their attention quickly and on the 'down low', never wanted to be in jeopardy of having an empty glass.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's funny you posted this because I was thinking about this time last year. I remember having only 1 glass of wine with dinner while out with family and that is only because a few of them knew I was trying to cut back. I HATED only having 1 glass, but I did it. I know now there is no way I could ever do that again.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Very true, spare a thought for me I am a hospitality consultant and judge venues for awards. All those wines they offer now are a "thanks but no thanks"
Old 11-25-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

P.S loved sitting in the aisle seat at the sporting venues. Quick get away for both the bar and toilet.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
quat

Originally Posted by Reboswon View Post
Very true, spare a thought for me I am a hospitality consultant and judge venues for awards. All those wines they offer now are a "thanks but no thanks"
heh, maybe you strongly hint delicate chocolates would be nice