Notices

Hopefulness keeps me going.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hopefulness keeps me going.

Story of recovery.
I will keep this short and sweet. Unveiling the mysteries of a woman's soul is intended to be arduous. I wish I were an open book. Somewhere along the line in life I closed up. Shut everyone out. Became an observer. I internalized everything. I was reluctant to open up to anyone for some unknown fear. I guess you could say I'm sensitive. I'd been screwed over, taken advantage of, made bad choices. I always felt I had a guardian angel though. I always played with fire and never got burned. Addiction runs deep in my family. I always thought I was level headed and in control. I didn't have a problem. I wouldn't be affected. As years went on the drinking and substance abuse got worse. I would go through periods of being clean and healthy, then something would trigger a relapse. I look back now and see that I struggled so badly. I see now why I failed so many times... I was trying to fix myself without even knowing what was wrong. Once I realized I had a problem I was able to address my addiction issues. It was hard because I was so deep into being drunk every day the last Binge. I started blacking out at family get togethers. I would forget what happened. It lasted for 6 months. I would think to myself as I was drunk.. I'm not going to get better until I stop my addictive behavior. I need to be free. But I was so deep in this hole... I am still climbing out. I'm being realistic. I want to be happy. I see a difference every single day. I guess this wasn't so short and sweet. I have to stop myself before I go on forever. Talking about it sure makes me feel better. I read all of your stories and I am inspired by all of you. Thank you.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post
Old 11-23-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Sharpy. I am touched...your story sounds so familiar. We can fight this, one day at a time!

Old 11-23-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LindaLou View Post
Hi Sharpy. I am touched...your story sounds so familiar. We can fight this, one day at a time!

I agree!! One day at a time sister! I'm glad you can relate. Being more open and honest about how I'm really feeling has really helped me "see the light!"
Old 11-23-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

The thing that instantly struck me about SR when I arrived here all those years ago was the hope

We're glad to have you here Sharpy

D
Old 11-23-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

SR gave me hope where I thought there was none.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sharpy u can do this!! My bf recovered from oxy and u can do whatever u truely want if u want it bad enough!
Old 09-28-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Sharpy,

Don't you remember the saying, "If you have hope, you have the life"? I guess you have heard that. So, there is little to worry about. Whatever it takes, you will recover as long as you believe you have some hopes to have it.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice post

its always possible
Old 09-28-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome! You sound like a strong person albeit we all have times we are trying to fix something that we have no clue where to start with the fixing or why we are trying to fix it. You are in a good place on this site so hang in there!
Old 09-29-2014, 02:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I remember telling a psychiatrist that I had hope. He said he wished he could "bottle it up" and give it to others!

Gosh, seems to be a day about hope.

I am posting this link for the 3rd time!

Danny Gokey - Hope In Front of Me - Official Music Video - YouTube
Old 09-29-2014, 02:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing!!! We all need a little hope.