Notices

A Chance to Grow

Old 11-23-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Chance to Grow

Greetings sober peeps! It's been many, many months since I've posted, but I have followed everyone's journey on my phone since April. Since I found a job in April, I've been so stressed and burned out I never logged onto my computer at home. But ya know what? I need all of you right now.

I walked out of my job on Friday. I had been difficulties at this job & lost in on Friday, told them I couldn't take it anymore & quit.

This was not smart. Or mature. Or sober behavior, even though I've been sober nearly a year, God willing I'll be sober 1 year next week.

By this morning, I realized everything that went down was my fault. Sure, there were other factors, but mainly it was ego, my pride and my unrealistic expectations of other people. What a humbling experience.

Since my realization this morning, I have emailed my boss asking for my job back. Right now, I don't know if I have a job or not. I'm afraid. I'm disappointed in myself. I have weaknesses that hurt. I'm in pain.

But.....sobriety has taught me that many times situations happen and while painful, they are a chance to grow in sobriety. An opportunity to face a situation sober, with rational thinking.

Anyway, my thoughts are scattered and I'm rambling. I'm so happy I fired up my computer today (haven't done that in months) and say hello.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Hello SoberFallon. I'm really sorry for what has happened but glad that you're back posting here It's brilliant that you haven't compounded the issue by drinking and, whatever happens with your job, I'll be willing you on to celebrate your one year sober! That is something to be truly proud of
Old 11-23-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on one year sober! I hope you can get your job back.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, congrats on a year. I admire the insight an honesty in regards to yourself. If nothing else it sounds like you have learned a ton about life and your behavior. All you can do is learn from it and make the changes in the future.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Those 'OMG it was me' self realisations are really good to have...but I still hate them lol.
Hope you can square it away on Monday SF...good to see you back here anyway

D