Notices

night three complete: what is normal?

Old 11-23-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

night three complete: what is normal?

Just finished night 3. I think it was better? I'm still not "sleeping." It's more like taking a series of small and restless naps. Feels far from normal, but then again I've been using alcohol to sleep for so long that I'm pretty sure I don't know what normal feels like. Starting day 4, I'm in uncharterd waters. I have not been beyond 4 days sober in over 6 years. Looking ahead, I'm worried about sunday. I have to get up for work at 5 am for work on monday, and this is usually the day that triggers a whole week's worth of night time drinking. But I can't worry about sunday now, right? I'll head over and sign up for another 24 hrs and go from there. And if I feel okay, I might head over to the gym today and see what sober exercise feels like. Thanks again to everyone out there in SR land--you are really helping me. I'll check back in later this evening, as the next night looms.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Keep on

bestwishes, m
Old 11-23-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep on keepin on. We're walking beside you.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

With me, day four was the day I started to feel better after my last binge. A very slppery slope. Feel better, look better and, hey, I can drink again.
So be vigilant. Remember your last drunk and how you felt afterwards. This helps me alot.

Congratulations on day four. And many more to you.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

There is no normal in the early days sweetie, but it will get better. By Sunday you will be feeling much stronger about not wanting to spoil your sober run, meantime just keep up the fluids and sleep as and when you can. And stick close to SR to stay strong.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree with the above posts. As everyone says, it will continue to get better and you will feel stronger. I'm sure everyone is different and for me I think I was able to sleep better after day 6... good luck, stay strong, you can do it! It will pass