Notices

30 day countdown!

Old 11-22-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 day countdown!

Day 27 today! I had every bit of confidence I would make 30-days, but holy shite has it been a struggle. For me not so much dealing with my desire to drink, but rather to contend with the powerful emotions I have been wrestling with. Perhaps it's a different way of viewing the same problem, I just eliminated the idea drinking was an option. On top of my normal life stresses, I have been dealing with my jackass drunk behavior that caused me to break the hearts of my (for now EX) GF and her daughters I love so much, the loss of them in my life, and the fear of being trapped in a life of drinking and loss.
In 27 days I have gone through some dramatic changes, my perception, my views, my attitude and even my appearance. Still a long ways to go, but I'm fairly proud of what I've done. Looking forward to rounding the 30-day corner and setting my sights on the next milestone.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Whoo hoo on Day 27! And yes, you should be proud. Good for you Jimmy, you are doing good. It really is inspiring to the newcomer to read posts like this.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic achievement!!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Jimmy! 27 days is phenomenal. I sympathize too, with the emotional ride you've been on. I'm on 22 days now and I have been all over the place - weepy, depressed, flat, anxious, defiant, and just downright sad. I still can't believe how shocked my system is - it's a testament to the negative power of alcohol to those of us who can't drink it like normal people.

I am sorry, too, that you hurt your girlfriend and her daughters while you were drinking. I hope this gets better for you.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done so far jimmy, I hope you and your GF can get over your problems. I really like your signature I have used this saying in my own head recently and it really helped me so thanks for that. I think I will also join the no matter what club . It really helps to focus the mind. Here's to your 30 days.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on nearing 30 days Jimmy - I hope this next month is less fraught for you

D