Alanon Meeting Tomorrow

Old 11-22-2013, 03:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alanon Meeting Tomorrow

RA is not working tomorrow. I'm going to that Saturday alanon meeting that was supposed to be my new thing. I hope it's good.. I'm praying for the jessicajoe experience where I can cry and share and a strange person touches my arm and I leave feeling....better...
Old 11-22-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So glad you are making time for yourself! I'm not a big crier, I never cry at Al-Anon meetings, but I do always leave feeling more peaceful, and much better. I'm sure you will too.

Afterwards, perhaps you could give yourself an hour to do something you enjoy, before heading back home. I didn't feel like talking a whole lot after meetings, but going for a walk, getting a hot chocolate, going window shopping, those were things that revived me in a way too. I was so used to scheduling my day in 15 minute increments in order to manage work, household stuff, 3 kids, etc., that an hour to do whatever the heck I wanted to do felt incredibly luxurious and restorative. It kind of let me marinate in that peaceful feeling too.

Hugs,
B
Old 11-22-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hey meg,

thats great about your meeting tomorrow. i hope you really get something out of it. the only saturday meeting i ever went to was huge, like over 40 people huge. it showed me the diversity of the disease and how it affects all walks of life.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

meggem, glad you're going to make it to a meeting. Please let us know how it goes!

I hope you're lucky and find a good fit at the first meeting you attend. Remember, take what you like and leave the rest--I'd be SO surprised if you don't find SOMETHING that's useful to you there.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hiya Meggem
I'm touching your arm from far away just in case the person next to you isn't strange enough.
Fingers crossed xx
Old 11-22-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by meggem View Post
RA is not working tomorrow. I'm going to that Saturday alanon meeting that was supposed to be my new thing. I hope it's good.. I'm praying for the jessicajoe experience where I can cry and share and a strange person touches my arm and I leave feeling....better...
Had a newbie at the Alanoon Lunch Time meeting yesterday.

Came around to her . . . She said, "I am new here, [deep breath], I can do this . . . " and just started sobbing.

Pretty adorable once you get used to all this.

The quicker they fall the better they get.

Sounds like your new thing could be a good thing.

btw, some folks can get pretty strange (I present myself as evidence). Hope your folks are not too strange.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Incidentally
I'm going tonight, I'm home from work and I'm buzzing about making calls and doing "stuff" I should have done months ago. Today at work I asked someone to help me(shock horror) with something I was unsure about rather than obsessing about it. I had a really, really good idea (that was completely non codie) about how to improve my relationship with a family member without any drama. I have had various conversations with what I think might actually be my HP including one where I thanked him for the blooming good mood that had nothing to do with my A and that I just couldn't seem to shake for a couple of hours this morning.
It seems the very thought of AlAnon makes me feel better.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Needed some improvement . . . .

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post

The quicker they fall the better they get.
The quicker we fall the better we get.

The quicker I fall the better I get.

Probably you, too.

Get Well, Soon.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Meg...I am so glad you are going!

((Hugs))