Notices

Feeling Down but still doing the right things

Old 11-21-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Down but still doing the right things

Just having a bad day. Feeling sad because I no longer having a relationship with my b/f who is still drinking and having difficulty obtaining and maintaining employment b/c of numerous alcohol related offenses. I am not good with changes like this. I feel sad when I think about the good times we had together...sober. I know that is the right thing for me, not to be with him and I just have to feel this way until I dont feel this way anymore...but...it is still painful. Also, went to court today to get a restricted driver's license. There are numerous hoops to jump through, tests to take, fines to pay, ignition interlock requirement, fines and fees to pay....(yes I said that twice because it is ongoing)...I deserve the punishment and complete hassle because I broke the law by driving intoxicated. It just makes for an extra sad and frustrated feeling. I could try to drive without a restricted license for 6 months and without an ignition interlock and probably wouldn't get caught...but I have to do the right thing and follow the law because that is part of my "being honest" promise to myself. Anyway, still sober...and as my therapist says: I am just eating a big doo doo sandwich that I made for myself.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Still sober is fantastic, despite everything that is going on!!

Hope the sandwich was good!!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you're doing the right things, despite inconvenience to you.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing. You are right that this will pass- you just have to walk through it. I admire your honesty, accountability, and your commitment to do the right thing. That will serve you well in time.
In sobriety I've had many ups and downs. The downs do pass and sometimes I just have to feel the bad feelings. It is painful at times and sometimes I wish I could escape but it has helped me grow.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Yeah I have some awful days but am soooooooooooo relieved the day after when I haven't had a drink because of it. Such a great feeling!!