Good News...

Old 05-12-2002, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Post Good News...

...my son called and he is sober. He is living in a sober house and he has 35 days...is going to meetings...and is feeling good for the first time in a long time. He went on and on about all the cloths and things he has left scattered all over at peoples houses and I didn't offer to help. He hinted about a calling card and I didn't offer. He talked about being angry with his father who he says was a pr**k to him when he was young and I changed the subject back to his own recovery.

His thinkin' is stinkin' but he is sober today and he says he is hanging with people who are clean and sober.

So why am I not jumping for joy?

I feel like getting out my helmit
and hard hat for when the bomb drops.

Love, JT
Old 05-12-2002, 08:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Just Tired

This is good news. I share your joy right now.

I know what you mean about the hardhat. My son is still clean and living at a cleanhouse (where they test so that is how I know he is clean), and I know it is just one day at a time for both of us.

His attitude stinks and yesterday was not so good. He didn't call last night (he calls every night) and I am not sure if he will show up today or not. And guess what, I know that right now he is going through a tough time (oh boo hoo) but I am not letting him pass it on to me. It is HIS recovery and mine is MINE. As I proclaimed yesterday, I will NOT take ownership of a bad day because of him. It may not be the best little day I ever have, but by God it's mine and I fully intend to find joy in it.

I am so very grateful for all the support here and for you sharing your experience, strength and hope with me. I feel truly like I am not alone and feel safe being with others who understand.

One of these days, we may wake up and our sons will be fine and you and I will still be healing and they will wonder what all the fuss is about.

Have a Happy Day and enjoy the moment of peace. Prayers for both of you.

Hugs

Ann

P.S. I think we just added "hardhats" to the nets, skillets, and bunny slippers welcome kit. I adore mine - have you found yours yet?

[This message has been edited by anns (edited May 12, 2002).]
Old 05-12-2002, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile

I love you all.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY,

firefly
Old 05-12-2002, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

My welcome packet? Why yes it finally arrived (I am now working through the resentments I was feeling for being left out )...it is in a safe place, down in the bomb shelter, with my helmit, and hard hat and I am considering stockng water and canned goods next, in case I want to crawl in there some day and lock the door...

I just ran out for a bit on a recovering my recovery run. I went to the local Walgreens (that's drug store in the states... ) and guess who followed me home ...Ben and Jerry...have you met them or is DQ your only indulgence? Let me introduce you...chocolate ice cream with marshmallow and caramel swirl and fudge chunks. Now I have already told them that they can't hang around here all the time...but what the heck...it's Mother's Day right?

On the drive home we were discussing my current bitterness at June for misleading me...and they assured me that she was only doing the best she knew how to do at the time...and when she knew more she put down that horrible apron, took off the pearls and went out to find a 12 step group for stepford wives.

Have the best day that you can...we are truly in the same boat...and even tho I question your choice of bunny slippers as a fashion statement I am honored ( that's American for honoured) to be rowing with you!

Love,
JT

I think I am having a serious lapse in reality...talking to Ben and Jerry about June... I hope they don't know each other...

[This message has been edited by Just Tired (edited May 12, 2002).]
Old 05-12-2002, 01:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey JT,

Creativity is another great remedy, next to laughter. Long live poetic lapses in reality !

Old 05-12-2002, 03:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

CHUNKY MONKEY!!!!! MY FAVORITE!!!

Oh yes, we Canadians know Ben & Jerry. I visit them often and frequently take them home with me. I haven't tried talking to them yet, but give me another day like today..well I'll share later but let me just say the best part of today was when my barbeque blew up. Aha..but I had my hardhat on.

Hugs

Ann AKA Hardhat Annie
Old 05-12-2002, 03:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I'm so happy for you today. What a great Mother's Day present. Now remember, we only have today and today is good. So I'm glad you're loading up on sweets. Sounds wonderful.

I did make that welcome kit just for you because you were so disappointed that you didn't get yours. I did not include hardhats, so I'm glad you already have one. And did you get the handcuffs I sent you. They were on the Our Logo post. You are the only one with handcuffs so we may need to borrow them from time to time. To use on ourselves, of course, to keep us from doing something stupid.

Life is always full of up and downs even for people who don't have A's. So I say enjoy the good to the fullest today with no expectations for tomorrow.
I don't have bunny slippers or a hardhat. I'm going to have to come up with something.

Love you,

MG

P.S. I think we should get our sons one of these costumes.

[This message has been edited by Morning Glory (edited May 12, 2002).]

Old 05-13-2002, 02:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

...oh my God! I stand by my statement that if I carried him around on my back for the rest of our lives it wouldn't change a thing!

Nice Bonnet!

JT
Old 05-13-2002, 05:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

WHAT costume? That IS my son. LOL

How did I miss this yesterday.

MG - you are our graphics genius.

Hugs

Ann
Old 05-13-2002, 05:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

JT,
I am very happy for you about your son! Take it as a good Mothers Day gift, I am really working on living in today, try not to think about the bomb dropping, you will be prepared if and when it does. It sounds like you reacted so well, your an inspiration!

Many Hugs-
Bonbon