Notices

so glad to be off that poison as of june 21, 2013

Old 11-19-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so glad to be off that poison as of june 21, 2013

Hello everyone i'm not exactly sure how this forum thingy works but i'm going to give it a try!! Hi my name is Brittany I'm 23 and im a recovering heroin/pain pill addict. I started drug when i was 12 smoking pot, then it went from that to trying xanax a time or two, which i didn't really like. So then i started pain pills. Any kind from hydrocodone to oxycodone, vikes, perks, roxsies, morphines, loritab daladid, oc's, op's, any kind of opiate pain pill i did it. I swore to myself and people that told me that I would end up on heroin that i wouldn't and actually I did not do heroin until 2011. So for many years i didn't touch the stuff. Then one day I decided to give it a try and that night i lost my license. And ended up with an OVI on my record, which thank god is the only thing i still only have on my record. I thank god for this. Long story a little shorter, I began to get disgusted with myself more and more everyday it got worse i hated to look in the mirror i hate people saying i was an addict i hated wearing long sleeve and hoodies in the summer just to cover track marks and i hated the thought of me shooting up poison into my beautiful body. (Because we are all beautiful in some way or another! ) So in June 2013 I decided enough was enough and reached out to this amazing doctors office and prayed they would except me into their program. They got back to me so fast I was amazed. It took me two weeks to fill out the application and turn it back in, I was so scared to get off of drugs, that's the only thing i knew was my drug addicted life and my drug addicted ways, it was very scary. I now have been in counseling since june 17, 2013 and have been sober since june 21st 2013. I love that doctor and all the nurses and therapist and counselors there they saved my life and i feel as if i wouldnt have been able to do it with out them. But i do know i am strong and daily i grow from everything i've ever learned from them and from with in myself. Today is November 19th, 2013 I love my current situation. I now go to group on Fridays at that doctors office, AA meetings, and my church, and now Sober Recovery Chat.com I will always live my life drug free and have found living in this way has changed me, my out look on life and this beautiful world, and the way my family and I live love and laugh!!!! <3 <3
Old 11-19-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome and congratulations!!!!!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you have turned things around.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

congrats keep moving forward!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you guys for the comments on my post im a proud recovering addict - lovin life
Old 11-19-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

To: Anchorbird : you can do it trust me i have stayed off heroin this long ( 5 months ) you can do it too it seems hard and maybe even the hardest thing ever in life at first but it is actually pretty easy, now im not saying it IS easy i am just saying its easier to work at staying off and away from drugs totally than to continue to use and abuse our bodies !!!! Much love from another fellow recovering addict!! if u ever need support im here
Old 11-19-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!