Notices

My story with alcohol

Old 11-18-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Better man in progress!

My story with alcohol

Here a bit of what pushed me to quit drinkin:

Been drnking since around 16 years old, im 32 years old, when i joined the army at the age of 20 my drinkin went out of control, got worse when i came back from afghanistan, was drunk to the boot everynight.

This year i was able to control it a little better eith tons of efforts, but still i would get drunk for anything thats stresses me, i did 3 super spartan race drunk and one half marathon drunk.... Pretty pathetic.

i had some blackouts waking up on my floor and 2 days ago i dont even remember half my night except that i was hitting my mug on the bar like a monkey and i almost started a fight...so i told myself... Wow youre getting more and more stuppid each time you drink and youre lucky youre still in shape with all that alcohol....so basically everything i do i gotta do it twice harder because im always hungover.

Today is the day when it stops, i overcame the use of speeds and cocaine years ago, now its time to get rid of alcohol.

Ill try to support as much as i can in there

I feel better after writing this
Old 11-18-2013, 01:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

well first off thank you for your service my mom and my brothers served. Glad you are here. The blacking out and being a complete lunatic when this happened stopped me. I am almost 32 and have a wife that through those blackouts had to deal with a lot. Enough is enough. Welcome to SR.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome! you'll find great support here and it sounds like you are committed to quitting drinking.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! I too got very stupid the other night after having almost 5 weeks of sobriety. It was kind of what I needed though to really confirm that I am an alcoholic.

Is that your son in your picture? He is another reason to be sober!
Old 11-18-2013, 02:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Better man in progress!

Yeah its my little spartan
Old 11-18-2013, 02:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

He is ADORABLE! My 9 year old saw me acting like an idiot the other day, just be thankful your son is still too young to remember what he might see daddy go through. I know they always say you should get sober for yourself, but I honestly want to be sober for others as well. I am 30, have been married for 12 years (my husband served in the Navy for 10 years so I understand the stress and commitment you went through) and am blessed beyond belief. Keep thinking of those things you are blessed with and how they could all go away.