Notices

Ex-boyfriend's alcohol related accident

Old 11-17-2013, 11:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ex-boyfriend's alcohol related accident

Hello everyone....I'm at 65 days sober today. It has definitely had its ups and downs, but I am becoming more proud of myself every tough day that passes Anyway, I just found out tonight that my ex that I was with for 5 years fell from a balcony while black out drunk and severely fractured his neck. He will thankfully be okay. Our entire relationship was full of partying, drinking any chance we got, and alcohol induced arguments. I decided to get sober after we broke up but he sadly has not chosen to get any help. He is very lucky that his injuries weren't much worse and I hope this may be a wakup call to him. This was all just a huge reminder why I have decided to leave that lifestyle behind and that I do not miss it whatsoever.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend, and hope that what happened to him is, indeed, a wakeup call. It sounds like you made the right decision to move away from him and the life you once led. You deserve the better life you're living. Congrats on the 65 days and keep it up!
Old 11-18-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i heard of another incident just like this occurred at Penn State this weekend.
fracturing his back is just the beginning of the consequences that are going to stick with him.
he'll incur huge expenses with school, not working, rehab/pt, pain meds, possible depression....not to mention the months of happy productive living.
sometimes i have to read about these incidents to help me realize what a gift sobriety is. it is the best gift to myself.