Notices

Lost my mojo

Old 11-17-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lost my mojo

Hey guys, just checking in. I have not started my recovery (again) yet, but I think I'm almost ready for another go. I went nearly a year sober and then slowly and stupidly let the demon back in. My head is a bit scattered at the moment and I feel I have lost my mojo. I need to focus and kind of return to centre. Life is running at hundred miles an hour right now, work is crazily busy and there is no rest at home with two young kids. I don't feel I have any time to just think, work things out and make a plan. I need to take a step back and just slow everything down so I can try and make sense of things.

One step at time I think is probably good idea for me at the moment. I'm going to start by getting into the gym. Whilst I was sober I was doing so well in my training, I'd lost two stone and was feeling really fit. In the last two months I injured my neck and then picked up a cold so I have not trained properly for ages. Getting back into fitness might be the spark I need to get my life back on track.

Sneeker.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're back trying again.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back! You can regain your mojo, I know it!
Old 11-17-2013, 03:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sneeker,

maybe it's time for a revised back to basics plan?
Just stop drinking.

It may not make things better, not right away, but it won't make them worse.

I think you'll be better able to work things out without the confusion and warped perception that alcohol brings.

D
Old 11-17-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whatsgoingon View Post
Hey guys, just checking in. I have not started my recovery (again) yet, but I think I'm almost ready for another go. I went nearly a year sober and then slowly and stupidly let the demon back in. My head is a bit scattered at the moment and I feel I have lost my mojo. I need to focus and kind of return to centre. Life is running at hundred miles an hour right now, work is crazily busy and there is no rest at home with two young kids. I don't feel I have any time to just think, work things out and make a plan. I need to take a step back and just slow everything down so I can try and make sense of things.

One step at time I think is probably good idea for me at the moment. I'm going to start by getting into the gym. Whilst I was sober I was doing so well in my training, I'd lost two stone and was feeling really fit. In the last two months I injured my neck and then picked up a cold so I have not trained properly for ages. Getting back into fitness might be the spark I need to get my life back on track.

Sneeker.
I think alcohol takes away the ability to properly think, plan, slow everything down, and make sense of things. As Dee said, keep it simple and just don't drink today. It's not easy, but it is easier than dealing with the kids and job with a hangover.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Ah, Sneeker, your mojo is right where you left it, waiting for you to reclaim it - and you will You've managed a year before so you know you can do it and you know how good it feels. You are still the same person, still worthy of all of that. Take a deep breath, put down the bottle, get back to the gym and start again. And we'll all be rooting for you
Old 11-17-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sneeker,

maybe it's time for a revised back to basics plan?
Just stop drinking.

It may not make things better, not right away, but it won't make them worse.

I think you'll be better able to work things out without the confusion and warped perception that alcohol brings.

D
I was thinking the same thing.

Remember, the reason you can't think straight and sort out a plan is because alcohol is in your system, Sneeker.

When drinking, I remember always wanting to sit down and 'plan' everything....ultimately, it always ended up with me buying alcohol, so I could sit down and make my 'plans'. Whatever they were. Who knows....by the third or so drink...

You get the idea.

Is trying to 'plan' your sobriety whilst drinking, a way to trick yourself into thinking you are in control?

Just some thoughts.

The best way to start sobriety is to stop drinking. Spend some reflection time and then plan how to stay sober and what you want your future to look like.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi. Your post reminds me of the "twisted concepts" I had when trying to stop along with continuing everything else. At one particular meeting after saying something similar to your post someone said that if I continue to drink the way drinking progresses I'd have none of what concerns me left. Then he reminded me of FIRST THINGS FIRST and my alcohol fogged mind started thinking not drinking the absolute #1 priority.

Today years later life is good andI'b mostly comfortable in my own skin.

BE WELL