New and want to reassure that I am not crazy

Old 11-16-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New and want to reassure that I am not crazy

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to share my story. I have been married for 9 yrs to my AH and have a 4 and half year old son. I have suspected that he had been using on and off since he went to rehab in 2004 for opiate addiction. I feel though that he is hitting something hard. He has demonstrated all of the classic signs: strange numbers on the cell bill, money missing, and leaving the house between 10-10:30 every Thursday. (He told me he needed slippers) Last week weekend, I found what appears to be a stamp bag. He insists that the weight doctor he sees have him samples wrapped like that. Last Thursday, my husband told me that he needed to get his haircut. He left through the garage, went into my car and took my debit card. At this point, I grabbed my son, hopped in the car, and followed him to the bank where he proceeded to withdrawal $300. After that, he drove to a very seedy area and picked up a woman about 22 years his senior. He continued his journey into the city, but I lost him. I went home, packed some things, and left. Since then, I have learned several things. First, he stole my Best Buy card and purchased 3000 worth of stuff in one week; stuff that he claims he have as gifts. Then, my som told me that when he and Daddy go out, He and Daddy go to houses. Sometimes they go to one house; sometimes they go to a lot of w Dante to be placed in danger until I'm sure about your drug issues through professional independent evaluation at Gateway or Greenbriar.houses. Makes me ill.

I am rather perplexed though. He goes to a suboxone clinic and is tested . He passes. How?????? I know he is using something. He has to be...someone please tell me how he does it. Also, is there any way that I could post a picture to show what I found. Is there any way?
Old 11-16-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry that you are here for these reasons! You have a done a good job of getting out of there to protect yourself and your son.

Maybe some of the others can chime in on the suboxone.....
Old 11-16-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Hi Hoopgirl and welcome to SR. As always, I am sorry for what brings you here.

Most addicts know how to beat drug tests with fake, clean, and even bought urine. You can actually buy it on line too.

I am not sure what kind of testing he is obligated to take however if there is a will, they will find a way. Could he have switched his DOC (drug of choice) as to not test positive for opiates/opioids??

At this point, it's really not important how, you know the answers. Trust your gut, it's never wrong. I am glad to read you took your son and went somewhere safe.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hmm I've heard that certain spice brands don't show up on drug tests..
Old 11-16-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Sorry my original post got messed up. I think I hit paste and inserted a message from my attorney. AH gets tested every two to three weeks and says the clinic can tell how much suboxone is supposed to be in his system. Another that I failed to mention is that he is being prescribed 7 different pills by three different doctors: Zoloft, Effexor, klonopin, Xanax, adipex, blood pressure, and lorazepam. He doctor shops no doubt, but how does any doctor allow that amount of meds...to a 32 year old with addiction history. Anyway, he said that the clinic has to know about all of those meds. Could the combo of all of those meds be the reason he passes? I am concerned about it because it will come into play with custody. He said that he will gather all of positive tests to show the judge. He refuses to go to an independent clinic for a screening. He thinks I will lie to the evaluator.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome. I am sorry for the reason you are here, but I can assure you that you will get tons of support. My son was a heroin addict. He tested clean EVERY time even when he was supposed to be on subs. He also sold his subs for drugs. If you believe in your heart that your husband is using, you are correct. He also may be selling his other prescriptions to support his habit. Opiate/heroin addiction steals the persons soul and it is VERY hard to stop unless the circumstances around the using are worse than the high. In our case, that was jail (twice) and the threat of prison sentence over his head. Oh yeah, and living with god knows who/what during a five month stint.
Sounds like he has found a way to beat the drug test. don't believe his words, believe his actions. You saw for yourself....
Hugs
Teresa
Old 11-16-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know how hes testing clean. He uses clean peer. There are MANY ways to fake tests. My husband did for months and months. Also, you can take subset and 8 hours later use dope. The stamp bag u found is heroin bag. You can buy them at local bong shops.
I'm very sorry. It sound like hes on a binge.
Sadly I have been through this.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

He can sell/trade the drugs you mentioned for dope. Its pure evil and steals the soul of your loved one. He wont get independently tested bc the test will be monitored more closely as professionals know the tricks.
Your husband is probably is probably too far gone to not have professional help to get off. He will get caught. Heroin is too clumbsy to hide for too long.
I'm sorry for you and your child. This is not your fault.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

He is using fear, obligation and guilt (FOG) to keep you scared and confused. Take back your power now. It doesn't matter what he says. Stop listening to him!! He is going to say anything and everything with the sole purpose of protecting his addiction. I witnessed this first hand with my own husband, it was not only shocking but traumatizing as well.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You don’t need to post a picture it is a heroin bag.

And with the suboxone and the drug testing. Many sub doctors just test for sub in your system, nothing else. They figure if it is, then you aren’t using. If they are looking for sub, it won’t matter what other drug is in your system, they can only find what is being tested for. And so many doctors are only doing that to cover their own ass as proof their patients are being compliant.

Do yourself a big favor, no more following him. He is an addict, and addicts use. It must be kept simple … Addicts use and sadly feeding their addiction will consume every part of them.
And you are not equipped to go into the hood nor should your child be there.

And you can take sub and use heroin right on top, my husband had no problem with that. It isn’t using on top of sub that present problems but taking the sub to close to using.

Time to lock things up, cancel any joint cards and if it was me I would report your best buy card stolen if he isn’t on it and explain he is an addict. They might not do anything, but I would still do it if there was a chance I wouldn‘t be responsible for footing the bill….oh and another thing with credit cards, the gas scam, pay for another persons gas at the pumps and have them give you cash. Ugh, that was when my joint cards got cut up and quick.

Everything now coming out of his mouth will be about protecting his addiction. It isn’t personal, so don’t take it as such but you will have to decide how best you can take care of you and your child. Know that he is most capable of taking care of himself and finding a way out of the hell he got himself into. He is in deep, way to many meds, but all worth something on the street too. That is one hell of a concoction, the benzo’s, the speed, the ad’s…Pray a lot, about the only thing you can do for him … for yourself, an education on addiction, enabling, co dependency. Find some support for you, because you will need it.

Hugs…