Notices

New - Day 2 - last drink Wednesday

Old 11-15-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New - Day 2 - last drink Wednesday

Hello - I'm glad to find this site. I've had a drinking problem for over 20 years with some long term quit periods. No matter why I quit or how long I quit, I always find myself back where I was as of Wednesday. Had a terrible loss a few months ago...a double whammy actually. This sent me into the worst place I think I have ever been in. I finally told my Dr. that I have had for years about my problem with alcohol. Yes, I managed to hide it from him all of this time even when I had slightly elevated liver test results. I would flush my system and not drink for a week or so before the retest and the retest always went back to normal levels. He prescribed Campral and an anti-depressant that I am researching before starting. From the forums I have been reading, I am already very appreciative of this site. Thanks for having me.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome mafat, SR is a great place for support. It's really helped with my recovery. I'm glad you have joined us.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
DAB

We all reach that point where we need to step back and abstain for a while.
Even when we initially intend to never drink again, complacency or tragedy seeps into our lives and we return to our old ways.
The key to not letting that happen is continuous improvement in all aspects of our lives, then being grateful for our progress and sobriety.
Never become complacent, by helping others through their journey we help ourselves.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome I hope you can get something from here to help you. I am a daily reader on the site and it is definitely helping me. It may not be easy to start but you can do this and like many others here you will see the benefits of sobriety. I wish you best of luck and please keep us posted.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Make sure you join the November quitters thread. Welcome!
Old 11-15-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Magsie

Welcome mafat, you will find lots of useful information, help and friends, here.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
MBM

Question thinking about drinking

Sometimes reading about drinking on a sober blog or even listening to someone in an AA meeting talking about it, makes me think/want to drink. The exact opposite of what I am trying to achieve. Which makes me wonder....if I am better off staying away from these things. Thoughts?
Old 11-15-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome, mafat. I have found a great deal of support and helpful advice from the good people here at SR. I hope you will post often and let us know how you are doing. Good luck. I am glad you are here with us.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Old 11-15-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome mafat

D
Old 11-15-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcom mafat! So glad you stumbled upon us!!
Old 11-15-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great to meet you Mafat! You'll find hope and encouragement here. We all understand how you're feeling.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warm welcoming!

Thank you everyone for you welcome and advice! I did not get on the site yesterday but see the benefit in getting on it daily as Toffe1 mentioned. I'm also going to join the November Quitter's Thread. Thanks duane1. The day after I joined I had a minimal amount of wine. I don't know why though. I just did it. It was unusual because I would have normally drank 4 or 5 times as much. That was Friday so that is my official quit date. I am starting Campral today? Has anyone had any experience with that? Thanks!
Old 11-17-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome, mafat. I have never tried Campral and from what I've heard everyone's experiences are different. Some say it helps while others didn't notice a difference and everyone's bodies are different. Good luck