Notices

Tomorrow

Old 11-14-2013, 08:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tomorrow

It's my plan tomorrow to quit drinking. Which I've done before , and lasted for a good while until I moved out on my own. Now I've been back to drinking every night for the last 5 months. Thought I would never have to go thru this again....but here I am. Feeling upset and defeated.
This week I had plans to tapper down then use the weekend to quit. But instead I've been drinking way more. It's having a reverse effect on me. Don't want to be this person anymore.

What's odd is that I was doing really good until I FINALLY quit smoking 8 months ago, for some reason I picked up drinking again. Addictive personality at its best I guess? Trade one for another?

Not only that, I've gained 30 pounds in the last year with it all which is NOT helping me at all.

So hello again. I was here before, now I'm back again.
Vanilla.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Vanilla

I have an annoying question lol -whats your plan? how can you make this time different?

D
Old 11-14-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lol Ivd been here long enough to expect this question. Honestly my MAIN plan is to get through the "detox" period the next about 5 days. From there....I know I should have a plan but I'm big sure. The initial next couple of days are my main concern.

I know that answer won't please some, but it's kind of for now the one day at a time thing.

I guess u could say my main plan is to he here!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's not about us being pleased, it's about you having success. Use the next few days to think about it, maybe?

D
Old 11-14-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad you have devoted yourself to giving up drinking again! Use your detox plan to start coming up with as best a plan as you can to stay sober. You can do it if you are truly devoted!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I've have seen ppl here attacked before for not having a solid plan do I was a big worried to say that off the main part it was to get through next next five days, then from there I'll work it out. It's the detox that is my greatest concern.

I'm sure I will have the usual really bad anxiety, insomnia, and stomach troubles. Honesty those facts are the main think that had kept me drinking for 4 1/2 out if the 5 months.

Thanks for supporting me. I'll be here lots the next cpl of days.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Vanilla

I wouldn't say that folks here 'attack' you rather that they probably have experience. Hence, they are concerned for those that dont appear to have a plan. I would suggest that you look up the various recovery programs and see what tickles your fancy. The easiest one is AA as there are usually plenty of meetings and its free. However, by no means is that the only program.

It is really important to have a plan/program (whatever you want to call it !). Simply staying sober is extremely tough without support. The easy way is to just post here as much as possible !