Negativity

Old 11-14-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Negativity

Do you ever feel that your alcoholic is just trying to find reasons to be negative/pessimistic? And then of course he/she drinks more, but this negativity really gets me and this obnoxiousness: complaining, complaining, complaining. It is always somebody else's fault (it is his boss at the moment), and when I am not swallowing that bait, he turns against me. He says that I am just like "them." He said today that he does not care if he gets fired (honestly, I do not give a damn if he gets fired), and I just think that it was one of those moments when he tried to get an emotional response from me. This is manipulation, right? I just told him that he should not waste his life because of his boss and that the boss ain't worth it (worth drinking, that is). Now he is pouting in his (bed)room.

Does he feed on my emotions (anger)? Does he actually like when I yell (have not done that in a long time) and find it as an excuse for drinking? I just think sometimes that he is asking for trouble when there is no any.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

It was too painful to look at myself so I lived in a world of anger. When I externalized I could put all mytime and energy into everything other than me
Old 11-14-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yet another post that totally resonates!!! Although I do think it doesn't matter what he reason...there is always a reason to drink.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Does he feed on my emotions (anger)? Does he actually like when I yell (have not done that in a long time) and find it as an excuse for drinking? I just think sometimes that he is asking for trouble when there is no any.

Mine used to do that. Well, he probably still does, but I'm not there to experience it. But yeah, I think anyone who crosses his path get dragged into the negativity if they don't know better. Good for you not taking the bait, just be careful. Mine used to escalate if he didn't get the desired response from me.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm not angry. I do not have any strength anymore. My heart does not even beat any faster. It is just one of those "here-we-go-again" moments.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by healthyagain View Post
IMO, abso-freaking'-lutely. I used to call it emotional vampiring, sucking energy from me like that. Like your own little raincloud that follows you around, peeing on all your parades.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh, he sleeps now. Sweet little angel. I so love when he sleeps.