Why is my brain trying to kill me?

Old 11-14-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why is my brain trying to kill me?

After everything I've been through and living in the hell of my addiction. After all this I still have to deal with those pesky voices? Please enough already! How very frustrating. I keep telling then go away and don't come back. I hate this. I just want them to stop.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Hi Kissimee54,

It sounds to me like you've done a good bit of separating YOU and your better judgement from "those pesky voices"; and you're here posting, too. Good going so far.

If you're interested in learning Addictive Voice Recognition Technique, I believe you can make "those pesky voices" quite tolerable.

I think the best resource is "Rational Recovery: The New Cure for Substance Addiction" by Jack Trimpey, 1996. There's also lots of info about it here, and at the RR website.

If you want to get started with this thread you could tell some of us formerly addicted brains exactly what you, as someone who is Addicted, hear those Voices saying, and our feedback should be able to show you how to Recognize them in a different light, as you learn some Techniques for making it all more comfortable.

GT
Old 11-14-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the feedback

I've been doing some mindfulness meditation and trying to not be come attached to my thoughts. I'm trying to just let them float through my mind and down the river. I will check out the website. Thanks so much.

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Hi Kissimee54,

It sounds to me like you've done a good bit of separating YOU and your better judgement from "those pesky voices"; and you're here posting, too. Good going so far.

If you're interested in learning Addictive Voice Recognition Technique, I believe you can make "those pesky voices" quite tolerable.

I think the best resource is "Rational Recovery: The New Cure for Substance Addiction" by Jack Trimpey, 1996. There's also lots of info about it here, and at the RR website.

If you want to get started with this thread you could tell some of us formerly addicted brains exactly what you, as someone who is Addicted, hear those Voices saying, and our feedback should be able to show you how to Recognize them in a different light, as you learn some Techniques for making it all more comfortable.

GT
Old 11-15-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by Kissimee54 View Post
I've been doing some mindfulness meditation and trying to not be come attached to my thoughts. I'm trying to just let them float through my mind and down the river. I will check out the website. Thanks so much.
That sounds like precisely what I have done, Kissimee. The urges to drink are only thoughts, they come and go, and we get to choose the ones we allow to influence us. And the way I have learned to do this is through mindfulness, just being aware of my thoughts without judging them or becoming attached to them. The urges can come and go, and I will still be here. Sober.

You can do this too, Kissimee, it is so much easier living without being drunk.