Scared..

Old 11-12-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared..

Hey everyone I havent wrote on here for awhile but last weekend my boyfriend overdosed from crack..For you who haven't read my post he has been on drugs for about a year now..he recently got caught for breaking into cars I thought that was his rock bottom he promised it was so I went back to him to try and help him through it then not long after his mom called me saying he was incoherent and having seizures and they rushed him to the hospital..he overdosed. I didnt go and see him because I just couldnt handel seeing him like that..he made me feel terriable for not going to see him and I just new i had to be there for him I thought it woke him up and he would never do it again..he said that scared him and it made him wake up and not ever do that again..I told him to get rehab but he doesn't want to he says he has the will power now to do it on his own..Im not sure how true that is. Im becoming paranoid now thinking he is on it and looking for signs of it and questioning him all the time im driving him and myself crazy but im so afraid that he didnt stop and next time he will actually die..Can they just stop on there own?? I dont have any answers I have no idea what to do..should i trust him that hes done? ...Any advice on this would be wonderful. Thank you
Old 11-12-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Pelly miracles do happen... You BF could be telling the truth and he could be getting better on his own. In my experience though it is hard for someone to quit an addiction on their own. I think that you should focus on getting yourself some support to work through what you are going through at the moment to protect yourself from what may happen. I am sorry I don't have any better advice.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Actions speak louder than words. Take care of yourself so that you don't stress yourself sick. I would say you have to trust your gut and know that you can't control/patrol him.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Trust your gut and get out.