Notices

Day 33- no more issues

Old 11-09-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 33- no more issues

So I'm on day 33 of recovery and generally speaking... I do not miss alcohol at all. I don't know what changed but I went from " I will l set a goal of 30 days" to "What day am I on again". I started every waking moment thinking oh my gosh... I'm recovering, can I ever drink again, I hate this, etc. Now, I just don't think about it as an option. I had to use the sober time calculator to figure out that it has been 33 days since I last drank. There have been 3 crucial elements to feeling absolute resolve about not drinking again. First, I went to a few meetings. This gave me a place to wallow in my self loathing and not feel judged. Secondly, I threw myself into my old environments to test my strength. What I saw were a bunch of idiots slurring their way through incoherent sentences. I was absolutely disgusted. Thirdly, I found non-alcoholic wine. Before anyone starts in about the true .5 % alcohol content, I want to remind you that it's actually less alcohol than what is found in a freshly squeezed glass of Orange juice. Or the residual fluids left from rinsing with mouthwash. It may not be for everyone but I have found when I'm craving the taste or want a reward for myself once a week it works. I hope someone finds at least 1 of these 3 helpful in your journey.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done Jackie I found diet coke or anything 'fizzy' to be a great help too I never actually like the taste of anything I drank, so the fake wines etc, wouldn't do it for me Xx
Old 11-09-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome, Jackie! I have a sober friend that actually drinks nonalcoholic beer for the taste and that seems to really help his craving. For me, diet coke is helping.
I'm on day 10 right now and love reading when others say how much better it gets with time. Thank you for sharing!!