Checking In

Old 11-08-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking In

Hello SR Family! I am just doing a quick check in to let you all know so far so good with JJ. He has been home since 10-18 and he is doing MARVELOUS! He makes me laugh so hard I cry, and he is truly happy for the first time in a long time . His buddies from the ranch are his strongest supporters and though I would be afraid to ever look any of them in the eye if I met them on the street they are the coolest dudes he has EVER been friends with.

See, I am a 48 year old hypocrite who in her younger days was the wildest craziest addict you could ever meet (way way long ago LOL!). These "kids" have lived through addiction in the most terrible ways (many have been in jail several times and have felonies.). I was lucky in my days of using that I NEVER got in trouble, and my bottom was much lighter than any of theirs. I forgot over the years that I was no different in the need to use than any of these guys.

They are all embracing their sobriety and their love for each other. It is really a family unit. JJ goes to his meetings, he laughs , he jokes and he is ready to take charge of his own life. He got a job today (yay!) and will be starting on Monday. I know he will do very well and hopefully grow into a successful call center employee. This is his FIRST job since May 2011, and he is ecstatic!
God is so GOOD! I am grateful each day that I get to hug my son and see him smile. He is a very sweet young man who brings joy to our family. We will be celebrating our first Thanksgiving with him since 2011 and for that I am truly, truly grateful. This family at SR is MY support and you have all held me up in prayer and I truly am grateful that with every horrible experience addiction brought into my life, there is this site and others who share my pain and my true joy. I know that this is in God's hands. JJ is going to do what he will do but the miracle I am experiencing today is not to be discounted.
Love you all!
Teresa
Old 11-08-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Such a great post. Thank you for sharing. May God continue to bless you and your family.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

TT
It's good to hear that JJ is doing well. Enjoy the hugs and laughter......seeing our sons sober is an absolute blessing.

You and JJ continue to be in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 11-08-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for updating us! Your post brought tears of joy to my eyes...I'm so happy for your entire family. Thank you for reminding us that miracles happen....and not to give up the minute before they arrive.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

this post brought tears to my eyes as well. Hugs to you!
Old 11-09-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thats great news. But have you ever thought about how the times you and drugged are different than today? Of course they are harder drugs today but the laws and the police response are much different. A drunk driving in the 60's was just a scolding and ride home yet today is a serious crime.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Rejoicing with you and JJ today!! God is indeed good! Today is a good day, a gift! This made me think of one of my favorite verses.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights who does not change like shifting shadows.

So often we are sharing our sorrows here which is a good thing as we can lift one anthers burdens that they are easier to bear but it is so very good to share our joys as well!! Much love to you my friend!!
Old 11-09-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love a good news story and I can hear the happiness in your words.

Big hugs from me to you son, and more for yourself after all you have been through.

Hugs