a quick humerous reality of addiction

Old 11-07-2013, 10:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a quick humerous reality of addiction

Well we are in week 3 of my seperation frim my xa spouse. I hate the term bf, yes we weren't legally married but we were together for 6 years and have been in each others lives for 20 years before that. We've known each other since we were 11, he dated my best friend in high school and we grew up 10 houses down from each other. After 6 years, 1 rehab stint and a false year while he was in "recovery" (he was still using), I am 34 years old, living with my crazy mother, with my dog, high heels, sleeping in a twin bed with my knitting. Sadly though ths is the best thing for me: thats the reality of deciding you're over addiction!!
Old 11-07-2013, 11:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedSoxGirl View Post
Well we are in week 3 of my seperation frim my xa spouse. I hate the term bf, yes we weren't legally married but we were together for 6 years and have been in each others lives for 20 years before that. We've known each other since we were 11, he dated my best friend in high school and we grew up 10 houses down from each other. After 6 years, 1 rehab stint and a false year while he was in "recovery" (he was still using), I am 34 years old, living with my crazy mother, with my dog, high heels, sleeping in a twin bed with my knitting. Sadly though ths is the best thing for me: thats the reality of deciding you're over addiction!!
I can relate! I've been married to my addict husband for 10.5 years (only found out about the addiction a few months ago), been a homeowner for 10 years or so, now staying in my parents' guest room with my two cats and was scolded lie a teenager today because I didn't turn the heat down this afternoon. It's funny, and yet I want to strangle my addict for doing this to us! I've put so much time and love into our home. I'm paying the bills for a house I can't even live in. And now I'm in my parents basement waiting to hear his post-rehab plan so I know whether I can go home or not. Cats are having a great time furring up my allergic father's house though. As long as they're happy! Haha
Old 11-07-2013, 11:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Does your crazy mother make dinner for you? I'm there. I left my husband when my son was two and I was just pregnant with my daughter, now 5. A single bed at my parents house was nirvana. Clean sheets. I didn't have to worry about my stuff disappearing. I didn't have to worry about my car going bye bye in the night, all night. I only worried that he was feeding the cats and even then I made sure to stop in at least twice a week to feed them.

Unfortunately I am still with addict husband and still have the same worries but hopefully, not much longer. Ah, to be at my parents.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dizzle why in the hell is he at the hime and you're not, if you're paying the mortgage?!?
Old 11-08-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That sounds so good to me right now. I need a vacation just like that. Critters and yarn stash.hmmmmm.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just had to go back to my dads house as well.

Ds mother cosigned on the apartment and closed out the lease in a fit of rage when he went to jail. =[ I would have been more than happy to pay the rent until the lease was up in February. Oh well, Her loss. She paid nearly $2,000 to break the lease.

So now here I am for a month or so until I can save up the down payments on a new apartment.

I had no idea there were so many staying with their parents temporarily on this board.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm not with my parents, but I am living with two cats and a dog and love the peace and quiet and reduced stress with have the my XAH gone! I went out for the first time in a long time-very long time and had a blast! Only one drink because I'm not big on that but I kept thinking, I would have missed out on this fun night had I still been with my husband. I missed out on so much because I was so worried about my stuff being pawned, was he using, all that stress!