OT - Update: Dakota

Old 11-05-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

OT - Update: Dakota

Hello there SR friends and family!
I figured it was way past time for a update and a pic

Today Lil Ms. Dakota had her 6 years off treatment physical examine and she is doing wonderful. So wonderful that she needs no more abdominal ultrasounds or chest xrays, just a ekg and echo here and there as one of the chemo meds can cause heart problems, but we all know she is going to be fine. All her labs are great! She is growing and progressing well.

She is having a little learning difficulty in school and it is a challenge to keep her interested in going to school, but with the help of the doctors we are going to look into getting her a little extra help *tutoring* so that she can catch up!

The best news is she remains cancer free! She was diagnosed with a wilms tumor *kidney cancer* March 19 of 2007 and as you all know it has been a long hard road, but paved with God's grace and mercy. Thank you Lord!

Now for the pic! She loves wolves so that is what she wanted to be for Halloween so I did my best to put together a costume for her. Savanna wanted to be a kitty and Elijah was a Ninja

Love to all,
Passion

Old 11-05-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thank you! Made my day! Hard to believe how big all the kids are getting, and I'm so thrilled that Dakota remains healthy and cancer free! In my mind's eye I still see her after treatments with that brave, beutiful smile...and now see her becoming a young lady with those long, long gorgeous locks! Enjoy every moment with your sweet children!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You made my day too and tickled my heart. My goodness, time flies and I am so happy that she is healthy and happy today. All your children are just lovely and I can feel the happiness and gratitude in your words.

You all remain in my prayers, for much happiness and many blessings ahead.

Hugs
Old 11-06-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

what a lovely little wolf!!

so glad the news continues to be healthy!!

Thanks for the update!

pink hugs
Old 11-06-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

0h, wow - You have amazing timing!! I've been having a rough day, but seeing your sweet babies made it all better. I saved a pic of the three of them, a long time ago.

Dakota/Codie has pulled me through many a hard time, and I absolutely adore her and you.

Times get tough for me? I pull up the pic I have of Savannah, Elijah and Dakota. I re-read about Scotty. I just want you to know that you are my hero, as are your kids (especially Dakota).

Give our sweet girl extra love, hugs, and kisses from all of her aunties

Hugs and prayers,

Amy