Notices

Hi from a new guy

Old 11-05-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi from a new guy

Hi. I'm new to the forum, but not to addiction. Not an addict myself, but everyone else in my household is. I have a RAW, RAS, and a RAD at home (hope I got all the acronyms right). They've all been clean and sober for over a year now. Both my wife and daughter had previously relapsed. My son, the youngest at 23, is new to recovery. He was looking at multiple felony charges with 10 years to serve as offered by the DA in a plea agreement. We got him into drug court, which is a wonderful thing. We've been thru a total of seven treatment programs...2 for my wife, 2 for my son, and 3 for my daughter. They are all fine, today. Not sure if I am. I've learned that just because they're sober doesn't mean I'm o.k. I'm certainly better, but I'm becoming more and more aware of issues I may have. I've changed after weathering the last five years of addictions and all the chaos that comes with it, and not all for the better. For the most part life was a nightmare. It is definitely better now and hopefully I can address my problems. Really, I'm not even sure what they are. I just know I'm not the person I used to be. I'm happy to share my experiences, and welcome any observations from those further down the road. I'm so glad I found this sight. I read many posts before registering and realized this was a good place for me.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Yancy! Glad you found us!!!

You should also check out Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Hope you stay around!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

to the posting side of things Yancy
Old 11-05-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Yancy, this is a great place for support. Best wishes.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! I'm glad you found us and joined the family.