Notices

One night heavy drinking long term problems?

Old 11-04-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One night heavy drinking long term problems?

Hello everyone,

At 31 the last month, Halloween. I've got really wasted. Around 400 ml tequila, 2L beer and 150 ml Whisky.

When my friend returned me home, I've passed out, literally. On the floor, I couldn't move. My family dragged me, I bet it was really ugly for them.

So my question is... are there some long term damages? Because few day passed and I feel depression and not feeling well overall. I've googled a little about it and I was flamed with a lot of bad information. So I've decided to ask here.

From one night heavy drinking what are the chances to caused myself something permanent, like liver damage, brain damage, alcohol hepatitis and .etc?

Best wishes.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Onera

None of us are Drs so none of us can say for sure.

What I can say is that drinking to passing out is not great for anyone's health, and the chances of lasting damage increases depending on how many times that's happened to you before.

If you're really worried best thing to do is see your Dr and have a full check up

D
Old 11-04-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reply.

I'm fully aware that even a doctor couldn't tell something through the forum.

Just being interested what the chances are. Also, I drink that bad maybe once in the year. And almost not drinking at all the rest of the year.

Don't want to go via my GP for that, if it's not necessary.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

hi Onera, I can't contribute about how your body is now, but if you drink that heavily once a year you are in danger of acute alcoholic poisoning which can be fatal. Rather than take you home, if you insist on this annual bender, make sure your friends call an ambulance.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awhh, no I gave up of alcohol. The depression after drinking is not worth it. Maintaining a healthy life looks more beneficial.

I was in perfect health, just I don't feel perfect, and I don't have mood to train, study or work...