Wonderful weekend...finally

Old 11-04-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wonderful weekend...finally

Hi SR parents and friends, Well, first off, I'm NOT crying nor have I cried for 48 plus hours. My daughter and I worked out some boundaries together instead of me being the dictator or cry baby. She agrees to everything. Complete sobriety( which she has been all along), no bossing, yelling , swearing or exaggerating to mom or dad. Be more helpful around the house (will have chores), no sleeping all day, will not raise our voices to each other, be as honest as possible, tell mom where she is or where she is going so mom doesn't worry and most importantly we say that we love each other every single day. These were her ideas! I was blown away in amazement! I have always considered I was lucky in the detox department, my 19 yr old wanted to get off H and other pills, go to IOP therapy, aftercare and join us in the world of sobriety. Teenagers attitudes are what they are. I feel sooo lucky when I read about the momma that has an Addicted child that refuses to get help or to deny they have issues and had so many unresolved legal problems and say hurtful things to their parents or run away for years. I am happy today, a day I have been waiting along time for. We walked together this weekend. I'm telling you this because there's HOPE and I wanted to start off this week so we all can have hope, happiness and a reason to believe and trust our AS and AD can recover. Have a good week everyone, I'm high with hope and happiness. I had forgotten what this felt like. Thanks again for everyone sticking by my side. TF
Old 11-04-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

TF I am so so happy to hear this! It sounds as though your little girl is growing up a little and learning responsibility.

Have a blessed day!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds great! What was the catalyst for her to agree to these conditions?
Old 11-04-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you! I hope things continue on this track for all of you!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

DearSR, I am sitting here in the Emergency Waiting room, waiting for my older RAD to get out of emergency surgery. she was in a very bad moped accident this morning coming back from the Methadone Clinic. It was snowing here, not real bad but slippery enough. My baby, was only going 20 mph and the Suburban ahead of her stopped suddenly and she went through the rear windshield! Thank God she had her helmet on, the one we just bought for her a few weeks ago. She is such a beautiful girl, but when i got to the hospital, i barley recognized her. she fractures her mandible compound fractures in 4 places, lost 10 pearly white teeth and has 2 brain bleeds and a laceration in the corner of her mouth, deep, all i could see was bone and teeth and blood. Many bruises , very much pain. She was medicated and the medical staff were very sympathetic to her Methadone treatment and are giving her IV Dilaudid. Well Im back, she just got out of surgery the surgeon that fixed her jaw, is famous i was told he is an ENT and plastic surgeon, rarly takes a call, but he said this was one of the top five worse mandible fractures he has ever fixed. Very serious. He was able to save all of her teeth except one, but the ones that were injured are all cracked and chipped, nothing a dental surgeon cant fix. so anyway, her jaw is wired shut for the next 4 weeks and they are going to work with us on her opiate recovery. I can give her the Methadone thru a straw device. So I just wanted to tell my SR family what happened and I might be away for awhile. Please everyone, she's not out of the woods yet, say a prayer to this RAD and her mom (me) addiction just about killed my baby today, and all she was doing was fighting the demon. TF
Old 11-11-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Prayers your way! Bless you and your family.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sending up prayers tonight for you & your daughter. Im glad she had such a good doctor working on her jaw reconstruction; a blessing. Please update when you can, SR cares about you Twofish.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sending prayers
Old 11-11-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hard core high octane prayers on
way! I am so glad she is receiving
top drawer care! Please keep us in
loop and God bless your precious
daughter!!!!

In rapt support,

Vale
Old 11-12-2013, 02:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for strength and healing to all of you. Thank goodness she survived. I'm so sorry this happened.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hugs and prayers mama! God is awesome!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

God bless you all, Twofish. I am and will be praying for you.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((((((TWOFISH)))))))))) was so happy to read about your daughter coming up with such adult rules for herself. So very sorry to hear about your other daughter in the moped accident. How scary for all of you! I pray for healing and a good team to help her keep up the methadone and recovery. Prayers to you as well as I cannot imagine how this must be for you to go through.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am so sorry! I had an accident a couple years ago with similar injuries (broken nose, mandible and teeth) so I can sympathize with what you are going through. Very painful! I had my mandible wired, my face stitched up and a metal plate placed in my face. I couldn't get my teeth fixed until my jaw healed. My mom got me lots of milkshakes, smoothies, mashed potatoes, applesauce and protein shakes. I really liked the Special K protein shakes they come in vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. Hang in there! You both will be in my prayers!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So glad that she is alive! Prayers and hugs for you both!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear it, Twofish. Your daughter's in the best hands - the doctors, and yours. Keep your chin up.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

TF...Just checking in on you and wondering how you are doing?? I hope things are all ok!
Old 11-16-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

TF, I hope your daughter is doing well. We are all hoping for the best for you and your family Stay strong.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

We all hope things are headed in the right direction, 2F.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi SR, We are home now. I am about ready to explode with overwhelming things to do. My RAD is so depressed and in pain. They gave her Percocet in a liquid for the pain. It barley touches the pain. I'm sure the withdrawals from methadone arn't helping much. We were approved for a level 5, which means she can take home a weeks worth at a time, however it just falls right out of her mouth, she might get half the dose..she feels the w/ds coming through all the pain. She just wants to cut the jaw wires off, thinks she will be normal and they have been on long enough, well it's been 6days, we have 7 WEEKS to go before they take them off. And she wants to die (do you blame her?) I am overwhelmed, I don't know what to do or say, she blames me for this, all of it. I know it's the AV talking, but it's so hard as her mom to hear this. Thank you SR for all the prayers, they are appreciated. I'm so tired, my husband leaves in a few hours and is taking the younger RAD with him to live in Minnesota. She can't listen to the pity and cries of pain the older girl is going thru. I've been getting up and checking on her every 2-3hours just to look at her and help her with her needs. Am I gonna get a break soon? Is addiction and it's wrath ever go on vacation? I guess not. I don't know what to do. Please think of us often, very often. TF