Notices

day 2, worse than day 1

Old 11-03-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry day 2, worse than day 1

My body is really craving opiates. I have extreme withdrawals and feel like I have bugs in my skin. I want to give up. My gf wants to give up. I know if I give the ok we can go score but I keep telling her no but I want to say yes. Im always the strong willed person but I feel so weak. Any suggestions to help with withdrawals? Im not giving up yet day 2 is nearly over but I feel like im dying.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't quit before the miracle happens. If you use just one more time then you will either have to go through days 1 and 2 again or keep chasing until it kills you.

You can do this!
Old 11-03-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You're not dying, you just feel like hell. Hang in there. It's worth the wait to get clean. You can do this!! Have a little faith in yourself.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It sounds like you really love your girlfriend. My husband is my rock and has been a gem in my recovery. Be her rock. Protect her. Do not score. This too shall pass . . . .
Old 11-03-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Marissa, when I went into treatment, I was withdrawing from Norcos, Benzos and alcohol. I'm not quite sure how much or what kind of opiates you used, but inside the treatment center, the worst withdrawals were those who used opiates. I'm not going to beat around the bush or sugar coat it for you. IT WILL BE TOUGH. Have you seen your medical doctor? I know everyone says it on here, but I was asking because a lot of opiate users take medications to alleviate withdrawals symptoms.

Just hang in there, and do whatever it takes to not use. Good Luck!
Old 11-03-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

Try not to just lay around thinking about how terrible you feel.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've never withdrawn from opiates but I know it's rough - it does get better tho if you stay clean.

Don't hesitate to seek help if you feel too bad.

You might also want to look at our substance abuse forum too
D
Old 11-03-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was taking 1-180 mg of morphine a day and snorting anywhere from 15-40mg of oxycodone with anything else I could get my hands on. I took my last few 60 mg morphines did 2 days at 60mg then nothing. I cant go to my Dr im to scared I found like 8 muscle relaxers so im just gonna stick through it.and try and get lots of rest.i found some great info on that link I was able to eat a small dinner but I had a few really bad experiences today(physically embarrassing myself at work) from being sick. Lying why im sick and feeling crappy about it. Tomorrow is my friday though so I can rest after that.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I remember the hell of withdrawal from opiates. I made it through with support. It is possible. There is support out there if you so desire. Hang in there. Don't give up on yourself.