Nervous about the unknown

Old 11-03-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nervous about the unknown

My daughter's axf sent me a text last night accusing her of driving with thier son while intoxicated. He told me he was following her but later admitted he wasn't. She wasn't intoxicated...he was just making it up because he was mad at her for an argument they had in front of his family (she let them know during the argument that he rarely sees the baby and has NEVER paid a dime for his needs).

He is currently on probation for theft and has an outstanding warrant for driving on a suspended license. We have copies of texts from his dealer to him and texts where he admits he stole the pain meds she was given after her c-section.

If he tries to get a lawyer to get partial custody or visitation will his claim of her intoxicated driving have any weight? Will her text copies have any weight? Since they were never married she has custody by default so we have decided to wait to do anything legal until he makes the first move. Is that a bad idea? We are just at a complete loss as how to handle this and I am sick over it. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Old 11-03-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Your daughter should seek legal counsel regarding this situation. Attorneys have heard and seen it all and will be able to advise her as to her rights.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I agree, she should get good legal advice now and know what her rights are...and what they are not.

This kind of situation often gets messy and nasty and it's best to be proactive in protection herself and her child.

Good luck.

Hugs