Notices

Hope for All!

Old 11-03-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hope for All!

Good Morning!

Today is roughly one month for me - last drink was 4 weeks ago today. I just wanted to encourage everyone to keep it up. What I am finding is that I am clear, present, and the problems I used as excuses to drink are much easier to deal with while clear and present.

I have a dash of many challenges - separation/divorce, debt (that was incurred while on a 2 year party train!), elderly parents, and the recent death of my only sibling. I also have anxiety and depression.

I am just sharing this with the idea that those that are experience some or all of these issues will know that, in my experience, they seem much more manageable and much less - HUGE - than when I was drinking.

Bright spots - wonderful friends,a fantastic daughter, a boyfriend that thinks I am all that and a bag of chips (we are doing the sober thing together), a roof over my head, and a self-employed career that, while challenging and is not paying quite enough yet, gives me the flexibility to care for my parents and my daughter.

Happy Sunday - and tonight is a New Moon - wish for all that you desire and write your Law of Abundance check!

Old 11-03-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Seethefuture, last drink was 4 weeks ago today? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Rootin for ya.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Fantastic post, seethefuture! Welcome to your new life!
Old 11-03-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your month

D
Old 11-03-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi seethefuture!
Love your attitude and congrats on your sobriety
Old 11-03-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on one month sober!
Old 11-03-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks for an uplifting post seethefuture. I'm so glad things are going well & that you've reached a month. Well done!
Old 11-04-2013, 03:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done on the month. You are doing well .hope the business starts paying a bit more soon.good luck
Old 11-04-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Congrats on one month, that is awesome!

I have a dash of many challenges - separation/divorce, debt (that was incurred while on a 2 year party train!), elderly parents, and the recent death of my only sibling. I also have anxiety and depression.

I am just sharing this with the idea that those that are experience some or all of these issues will know that, in my experience, they seem much more manageable and much less - HUGE - than when I was drinking.
I'm sorry that you're having to go through this. Non of what you listed is easy, each are big challenges. You've come to the point that you recognize that alcohol doesn't help, it only makes it worse. That's a big step in getting well!