Notices

fell off so many times, I've lost count

Old 11-03-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

fell off so many times, I've lost count

I've been an alcoholic for about 20 years.I've been on long term benders,detoxed, stay sober awhile, started all over again..I think the longest I've been sober was during the times I was pregnant...lately my benders have been closer....maybe clean for a week or two, then binging hardcore til my body required it to function at 5 in the morning, and for at least a month at a time...3 the longest with about 5 40,s a day....I'm 42, and weight 136 now, but normally 8 pounds lighter....my husband wont take me to the dr anymore to see what damage ive done, but reading up and my (gross,I know) bowel habits on my 2 full day of completely clean, and withdrawals, it screams liver damage...what vitamins can I take,and diet to repair the obvious damage I've done....and anyone know a sign of kidney damage...I know about the sleplessness and nightmares...I consider it my punishment.....but, geez, I ache all over so bad, I feel like I'm 100.....my littlest girl doesn't understand it hurts just to touch me...oh, but she knows about the drinking problem...boy, does she ever...she's the "caregiver" the one who wants to mother me when i'm "sick"....well, that was long winded..anyone have any help...my husband wont let me get mental help, go to aa anymore, or medical help..he has given up...but I don't want to die..I can't do it anymore, ive got to help myself...
Old 11-03-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Blondie

I was a drinker like you for 20 years too. I relied a lot on Dr Google and was pretty convinced I was gonna die.

When I finally did see a Dr tho? the news was way better than I thought.

None of us are doctors here and if we tried to diagnose or recommend meds or vitamins to you we'd be no better than Google anyway

So thats what I'd advise first - see a Dr, get checked out, talk about your problem and see what they suggest for your withdrawals and general health.

I know it's scary but it really is worth knowing - and reaching out for help could be the first step to you turning things around and making some fantastic changes.

If your husband won't take you, can you get there some other way?

D
Old 11-03-2013, 01:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Your husband won't let you get help? Can you get there on your own then? It's hard to stop drinking but it is possible.

I'm glad you joined the family.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Drunks in relatively good physical shape are better off not drinking.

Drunks in relatively bad shape from alcohol abuse are better off not drinking.

So I don't think your best course of action is different either way.

Have some hope -- the body can take a hell of a beating. Keith Richards is still walking around, after all.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Blondie, can you not go to the doctor and get help without your husband? The only way to find out where you are at health wise is to go to the doctor. A doctor will either be able to give you treatment if you need it or maybe even put your mind at rest. Speaking to my doctor and being honest about my drinking was absolutely essential to my recovery. If i were you i wouldn't be looking up symptoms of liver and kidney damage online. Every person is different and the information can be very unsettling. I hope you can find the help and support that you need. Even if your husband has "given up" you don't have to. This place is great for support. Best wishes.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blondie76022 View Post
my husband wont let me get mental help, go to aa anymore, or medical help..he has given up...but I don't want to die..I can't do it anymore, ive got to help myself...
Welcome Blondie! Glad you found us.

Why won't your husband let you get mental help or go to AA? That is a first step you need to take to "help yourself"...