Notices

Day 1

Old 11-02-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

Im back after a month off. Off of this website. I didn't drink the whole time...not even every week...but 3 times in total. 3 times too many. The first time I drank was uneventful, so I tried it again...I got banned from a bar that night. The 3rd time, my daughter came home caught me drinking and got so upset she started destroying the house. Pulling down family photos, turning over furniture, breaking a mirror, appliances, my cell phone...and when I tried to get her to stop by physically pulling her away, she and I got into a physical altercation. It was horrible. I changed the locks today but she came back and threatened me so I called the police and now she is sitting in jail. They arrested her because I had scratches on me from where she got me the night before. I know I did not make her do that and she was wrong, but I certainly know that if she hadn't seen me drinking, she wouldn't have done what she did. She does have a bad temper and a history of breaking things and even assault...so its not just my drinking but still.......I am planning on getting on Antabuse or at least get my liver tested to see if I can. My daughter said she hates me, she called me every name in the book and said that when she has her baby, I will never see him. Thanks Alcohol.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Tate. That all sounds pretty awful - I think the number of times you drank is pretty immaterial against those results really.

I hope you'll follow through with some kind of plan.

D
Old 11-02-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope this can be your last day one.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can have a new life. It is possible...
Old 11-02-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that you relapsed.
But, glad you came back here.

Your daughter has no right to break anything or treat you like that, drunk or not.
Sounds like she has some issues to deal with as well.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad you came back to talk about this Tate. I'm sorry for the pain you are in, but here's where you can turn everything around and have a new beginning. We're here to help.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

AA worked for me when all else failed and I have regained most of the trust from.my loved ones
Old 11-02-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I desperately needed to hear you. I hope this is my last day 1 ever too! I need a concrete plan and I need to stick to it. So, if I write it on here maybe I will.... I plan to post or read/try to help others on here daily, to go to AA at least 2 times a week, to continue my group psychotherapy which meets 2 times a week, and to add Antabuse to my arsenal. I have never tried Rational Recovery and was going to research it...but I feel like I need the fellowship in AA. Thank you again and hello Saliena thanks for all of your support too.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Tate, thanks for joining us

Don't feel guilty about how your daughter reacted. I understand that she had seen you drink before, but that doesn't excuse outlandish behavior that destroys your property.

We are always here, so please come back and talk when you are having issues
Old 11-02-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My day 1 too! My newly sober friend (hes 5 days clean) just called to check in on me and he said how great he feels already. A few weeks of suffering is mild in comparison to a lifetime of misery. One day at a time. Good luck!