Relationship over

Old 11-02-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relationship over

I was with my partner nearly nine years,at the start he managed to keep his alcoholism secret,i only ever saw him have a glass or two wine,which went to a bottle or two,the last two years I haven't seen him with a glass in his hand,because he was drinking straight whisky from the bottle(s) in secret.
Nobody in our lives ever suspected he was an alcoholic,we did ten months of relationship counselling,and he always said he wasn't drinking,turned out he had been drinking every day for the last six weeks of counselling.
I ended our relationship last Saturday,and on sunday he went into rehab for three months,i knew he was lying to me,this week I found out by going through post that he is over 20,000 euro in debt,with nothing to show for it.
Three years ago he received 50 thousand in redundancy which he squandered,what on I haven't a clue,before he went into rehab he asked would I visit him,i said No,i didn't think I would,now I find I want answers,what did he do with all that money.
The house has become peaceful again,a home,no tension,and on the outside the smile says that everything is GREAT,but inside,i cant stop thinking about him,keep looking at his facebook photos of us,his birthday in two weeks andi originally had a lovely castle/hotel stay booked ,which I have cancelled.
I just want to cry.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Do not worry about his money and debt (unless it is somehow also tied to you) . . .

because NOW it is time to work on you.

Welcome Home, btw. It IS very peaceful here.