My Sister Hopefully goes to Rehab Today

Old 11-02-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Sister Hopefully goes to Rehab Today

My sister, mother of my 3 nephews and 1 niece is so hopefully going to rehab via her husband (via ER) today. The situation has been agonizing for a long time. (I am a RA.) Very prayerful that she will submit to going and stay there. We haven't spoken in a year. I'm going to see my twin nephews (her sons) play football this afternoon, I haven't seen them in a long time. I love them so much and want to be there. It is such a bad situation. Very, very messy and complicated as most things with a long time addict/alcoholic are. Just praying for so many things, but mostly to let God's will happen and accept that. A little peace would be nice...So much love and so much confusion, praying to let go of all the negativity that goes with this terrible disease. xxoo
Old 11-02-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

How long is she in for?

Can you help them (the kids and hubby) out?

Not talking money, but rather actual help.

Folks that helped us during and after Mrs. Hammer's rehab were about like Angels to me.

If you can, swoop on in there, Angel Alysheba -- cool name, btw.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post

Folks that helped us during and after Mrs. Hammer's rehab were about like Angels to me.
+1 I so remember each and every person's thoughtful, loving help when AH was in rehab.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hammer, thank you for the suggestion! I feel so paralyzed because she's cut us all off, but I will get over there, cook, clean, do laundry, help in any way I can. It's a relief to know that they may not only be open to it, but appreciate the help too. I haven't heard yet whether she got admitted and/or for how long. Will try to communicate tomorrow. Thank you all for your input. It helps. A lot.