Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

5 4 3 2 1 The weekend thread starts here , come join in 1 2 3 Nov 2013

Notices

Old 10-31-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

*RING RING*

The first bell call is one to say wake up , what are you doing ? , you are alive . The second bell ringing is that of the freedom bell where all of us sober guys n gals get to share in it's call to all of those who want to hear it's message , freedom from drugs and booze is possible should you want it , come join us

Friday , glorious friday , another day on our azure planet flying through space , where we get to make decisions and change things if we want .

I'm busy doing my CV , although i have a good job and work with nice people i think it's possible to stretch myself more .
2 years sober and 40 next year i think it's time to see how far i can get in my career , i'd like to be able to buy a house / flat and although i have a job which puts me on more than the average wage . the average wage is only enough to by half a 1 bed flat here in the SE of england .

I'll do it one step at a time , one day at a time as it's served up by life I try not to live to far in the future nor in the past ,

Haye a good day everyone see you all later when i get back from work

Bestwishes, m
Old 10-31-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hiya mecanix ... You really know where you are headed, so happy for you.
Well I have decided to actually take the weekend off of work and live some life . Taking a nice drive through the hills and along the beaches tomorrow ..... Aaahhh life is good xxx
Old 11-01-2013, 12:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Woohoo, I am in for another sober weekend !! Let's all do it together !!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Well I have Friday and Saturday off and then back to training for my new job on Sunday. I start the phones on Tuesday. Getting sooo nervous about that!

Have to stay sober to keep my wits about me LOL.

All joking aside it is getting much more easier to enjoy being sober and learning to cope with things differently. My daughter told me tonight she is so proud of me and feels like she has her mom back. So that made me very happy!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A day of sorting out the bedroom beckons. Some serious, just chuck it out, needs to occur. A lived in mess whilst drunk, and I am only a little better sober. I am easily distracted, disorganised, and whilst I love to see everything tidy it rarely happens. Living in a house with one husband, one 20 year old, and 18 year old, and a 13 year old, and a cocker spaniel probably doesn't help.

I am not back to work until Tuesday, and this morning I am up relatively early, and do not feel like death, no need to chuck up, so really today is a gift whatever I do with it.

Enjoy your Friday everyone.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm in too Really helps to have this thread - thanks
Old 11-01-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

I am in! All the best with doing your CV, m. Remember to accentuate the positives - any well-known brands you've worked for, your quantifiable achievements, transferable skills etc.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning Everyone!

I am in for a sober weekend too! This has been one hell of a week for me and if I can just get thru today I will be grateful. My plans are to finish my assignments for the week and go see a movie tonight. I am so stressed out, I will be glad to finish up this work and then relax in a healthy way with all of you.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Count me in.

Been an emotionally tough couple of weeks with the death of a close family member. It would have been easy just to drink to deal with it, but I didn't. Looking forward to a quiet, chilled weekend.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi mecanix *RING RING* , I like meeting you here on Fridays my young friend.

I'm looking forward to another sober weekend, I like those Sat/Sun/Monday mornings when you wake up and you actually want to get up. Sunday's going to be hot here (34C) so I have an ocean swim on the agenda after a ride on my bike. I'm planning to make the Christmas cake this weekend (panforte), some sourdough spelt bread and more artisan chocolates. I've got a new book ready to read, a nicely nasty crossword to do and a meal with friends.

Have a good one everyone! *RING RING*
Old 11-01-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Since moving to Maine I have friends that all want to visit... Lol... So I have someone visiting this weekend. There is an art walk that is fantastic tonight. Portland opens all the galleries and people move between them socializing and commenting on the art or just goofing around. I am sure I will see people that knew me back in the day. But I am secure in what doing these days but I leave nothing to chance. Guard up!

I bought a really nice roaster pan... I know ... Woo hoo... Anyway I want to make a prime rib.... Mmmmmmmm

I want to be here reading and supporting if I can.

I won't be sabotaging my present with my past today. That's my promise I have been repeating every morning recently. It seems to help set my day up.

Ken
Old 11-01-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pixy View Post
A day of sorting out the bedroom beckons. Some serious, just chuck it out, needs to occur. A lived in mess whilst drunk, and I am only a little better sober. I am easily distracted, disorganised, and whilst I love to see everything tidy it rarely happens. Living in a house with one husband, one 20 year old, and 18 year old, and a 13 year old, and a cocker spaniel probably doesn't help.

I am not back to work until Tuesday, and this morning I am up relatively early, and do not feel like death, no need to chuck up, so really today is a gift whatever I do with it.

Enjoy your Friday everyone.
Pixie, I totally relate to the messy house thing. I was trying to clean things up yesterday and just came upon mess after mess after mess. I, too, live with my DH, my three teenage sons, my DD and three dogs. Maybe we will have to come to some sort of peace with our messes!

My weekend consists of driving to a lot of different Homecoming activities for two of my sons and the wonderful thing is I am not resenting the driving. I am actually looking forward to it . . . . Go figure!!

Happy Weekend, weekenders!!!
Old 11-01-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Happy sober Friday all. Start of a new month and I'm excited because October was my first full sober month in forever. Got through the mayem of Halloween here without alcohol as a crutch which is fantastic. Have the final two soccer games of the season and then going to see a pro hockey game. No waiting in beer lines this time! Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 11-01-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm in! I'll be tested tomorrow. Going to my sister-in-law's birthday party/Halloween party. I don't foresee having a problem as I haven't had cravings yet, but drink will be abundant and flowing.

I got this.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm in for the weekend.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Spinning Sober

Hello everyone! I'm in for another sober weekend! !!!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hello All!
Happy sober weekend!
It looks like a nice stay comfy inside rain storm for Saturday! I took some beef shank out of the freezer to cook slowly on the stove. I was looking for a wine free recipe and found a lot of mentions of mixing grape juice with vinegar....so I will give it a go!
Hope everyone has a lovely, sober weekend!
Don't forget to set your clocks back for that extra hour!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My 11th weekend on SR. My FIRST weekend on the weekender thread. Looking forward to it. Happy Sober Friday, everyone!
Old 11-01-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Heya, count me in! I'll have nine months Sunday
Old 11-01-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Concrats upandup

90 days sober today and 3 weeks without cigarettes.

Christmas beer is released today (some kind of silly celebration the breweries invented some decades ago to sell more beer).

I will celebrate that with some tea and some reading.

Have a nice week-end.