Code: Witching Hour

Old 10-31-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Code: Witching Hour

I come from a alcoholic family. EVERYONE has a problem. My stepdad is the worst i feel like its always that way for alot of people and its not so much we dont like him but he treats us poorly when hes drunk which is everyday but as my mom says we have the witching hour during the week its between 5pm-6pm then weekends its about 1pm-2pm. you can only talk to him in the morning on weekend or as soon as he gets home at 3pm mon-fri. its useless after. all he does is slam everything and start fights over the same thing everydayyy. if its not one thing its another. we go weeks with out conversations. not just me but my sisters to. he thinks everyone else is the problem but he is! i can have a amazing day until i set foot in the door. i hate coming home but then i get yelled at for not doing anything around the house well maybe if i enjoyed coming home i would do stuff would he like me to run the sweeper at 10pm. maybe i should just to say hey im helping but then i get yelled at for being loud. you can never please them!
Old 10-31-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi. Have you done any reading in our stickies above? They might help you frame your situation. Are you in a country with any alanon or ACOA meetings? They would help you sort this out as well. You have posted you are 22 and still live at home? It's time to take care of yourself and learn all you can about how to deal with alcoholics, employ any friendly relatives like your Aunt. How long has your Mom been sober? Does she work? Can she attend meetings with you? Maybe your Aunt could watch the other kids while you and your Mom attend meetings.