Notices

Help me please

Old 10-29-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help me please

It has come to my attention my husband is addicted to pain pills. I can not believe how blind I was to this. I am not sure how long this has been going on but have no clue what to do to help him. We have a young son as well and both work full time. We are both very much respected in our community as well so I am not sure how to handle this on the down low.

He came to me telling he his back hurt and he was going to a spine doctor only for me to find out he has been going to this doctor and getting pain meds for some time. The first month when he let me know he had the pills (the first month of him taking them I thought anyways) He went through the whole bottle in two weeks. He could care less about our yard, house and bills as I have found he is months behind on almost every bill. I paid them all and I make great money but he actually makes more than I do so this makes no sense.

This is a small amt. of what has come to my attention:
1.) Has actually broke my parents medicine cabinet (which had missing pain pills)
2.) He has lied about taking pills until I figured out and saw the dates of all these different pills being filled from hospital and doctor visits.
3.) He is so sweet. The guy next door unless he is out of pills. Then he is simply an ass to deal with. He never curses at me or our son but is short tempered and agitated for sure.
4.) Our son found and thank GOD brought me a pain pill last year he found on the ground in a room in the house. I asked my husband about that and he had no clue where it come from although I knew it was not from me. brushed it off as an idiot too..

There is so much more to this but what I am saying is that the pieces of this puzzle are finally pretty clear to me and I feel like an idiot to JUST REALIZE this! I've had thoughts and asked him in the past but there was never any proof until I got smart and became a great investigator lol. I'm a very blunt person and have told him I do not think but know he has a problem and he can let me help him or I will leave with our son as that is my #1 is my little man. I'm head over heels for my man and yes mad as hell this is going on but I want to help him versus just dipping as it would just get worse. HOW DO I HELP HIM?
Old 10-29-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR.

I'm afraid that you can't do much to help him unless he wants to help himself. His behavior indicates that he can't be trusted and will do anything for more pills. We have a special forum for people going thru similar situations. Take a look and post your questions there for further insight.

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information