Notices

Exhausted ... can anyone help me explain it?

Old 10-28-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exhausted ... can anyone help me explain it?

I'm on day 85 and no temptation to drink but I feel so exhausted lately. I slept a lot this weekend and could barely make it through the day today. I did spend a lot of last week battling the AV voice and wondering if it has caught up to me. I was so irritable today and know my body is out of whack right now.

Part of me thinks I just need to take some time off and rest because I went straight from detox to IOP while working full time.

I've been trying to be positive and think of how I'm changing my life for the better one day at a time, but today just plain tired.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

it's always possible you have something else going on Ach?
Have you considered seeing a Dr?

D
Old 10-28-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've gone through bouts of extreme exhaustion. I always chalked it up to my drinking and drug use. After I got stopped drinking/using it still hounded me. There were some days at work, after lunch, that I had to sit in my car and sleep for a while. What I did was I went to see my doctor. I explained the situation. I was given a bunch of blood tests, saw a dietary expert, and started getting the exercise I sorely needed. It helped but it didn't go away. It wasn't until I finally started to deal with my depression that it really lifted. Don't get me wrong. I still have sleepy days but it's not the crushing fatigue I used to have.

Hope that helps a smidgen. Be well, be good to yourself.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi. I don't know if you go to any AA meetings but the halls usually have vital posters that are needed to be aware of in an alcoholics daily life. Like:
1. easy does it
2. first things first
3. live and let live
4. but for the grace of god
5. think......think.......think
6. one day at time
7. let go
8. kiss---keep it simple stupid
9. act as if.........
10. this too shall pass
11. expect miracles

BE WELL
Old 10-28-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Start with a physical and then move forward from there.....it could just be related to your first year of sobriety, but make sure that is it.....
Old 10-28-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sometimes I'm exhausted when the barometer changes Might be you have a touch of something. . . In any case, if your body feels like resting, get some sleep
Old 10-28-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am on Day 30 and exhausted all of the time, too. I am starting to think it might be due to the mental stress of quitting. I have always found mental stress more tiring than physical stress, but I plan to go to my doctor is this doesn't pass soon.