Notices

10/24/13

Old 10-25-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10/24/13

Well.... I have been around these boards for a while... but I am new to this whole thing. I've failed myself time and time again. But I'm going to make this happen one way or another.

The date is my new date yet again. I've had new dates for as long as I can remember now and to be quite honest with you, I'm sick and tired of continually switching the date. I'm ready to be done and deal with life on lifes terms... period.

I've probably said something very similar for many, many, many months so who knows what I'll do... but I have to take everything day by day.

Each month, I get more and more jealous of the others before me that have been successful when I haven't been. I know its not the right way to look at things, but I do.

I've had a problem with percocets and even before that it was alcohol. I just want to be done and done for good.

I don't know what my problem is... every time around day 15, I just cave. I really don't know what it is. Has anybody else experienced this?

Well, thanks for listening and 'just for today'.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Hi scotch x i totaly understand where ur coming from. lately its been day 3 but now its even day 1 doh.

Im sure people here will give u there experience and support u through it xx
Old 10-25-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, Scotch. I think it is dangerous to tell ourselves that "we always fail at such and such point." I think it does set our minds up for failure. Maybe you would be one that would be better to count months?!? Make it your goal to make it to one month (one month is not such a far cry from 15 days) and so on, while still taking drinking one day at a time. Good on you for not giving up and coming back with honesty and humility!!
Old 10-25-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi. I was in a similar situation for about 2 years and finally got sick and tired of being sick and tired and grew up to the fact that I could NOT drink in safety. Something else we all need to be is honest with our self about our problem, not just today but as long as the AV is there and that's a long time. It's simple not always easy. BE WELL
Old 10-26-2013, 03:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's amazing how our minds have the power to really and truly 'forget' what w/d's are like and how you don't want to have to deal with them again. What are some of the things that you guys have done to help remind yourself how truly disgusting they are for the future when you need to be reminded?
Old 10-26-2013, 03:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've been having a tendency to lapse at the 3 or 4 week stage. It's as if I brace myself thinking '2 more days and it's 3-4 weeks or whatever and then when I get to that point, it's a whole 7 days more before the next 'milestone'.
I recognise what I was doing now though, so hopefully, that way of thinking is done with
Old 10-26-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I'd suggest a program of recovery. Doing it on your own doesn't seem to be working.