Notices

Back Again 54 days

Old 10-24-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back Again 54 days

Hello all! Just found my way back here after struggling with addiction pretty much my whole life. At one time or another I found some support here, but I couldn't kick my old habits without some help. 54 days clean now and had to spend 36 days in treatment to get it. Best decision I ever made or was made for me I guess I should say... If anyone reads this and is considering it, I highly recommend it if you've never tried it, even if you have for that matter. So anyway thanks for havin me. And trying to get some general input on one thing. Im a member of NA and I know we abstain from any and all mind/mood altering substance and I definitely don't wanna go that route again, but how long does it take for the fog to lift? I mean its just hard to get to work, to deal with life, to try to keep the house clean, etc. Its like my drive is just gone. For what its worth, this is my first time clean since bein a child. And I do get enjoyment spending time with my kids and wife. Just sayin... And if it matters, never really had a DOC. Before treatment was opiates, benzos, and amphetimines. Thanks in advance. Wishin everybody on here the best!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back and congrats on 54 days clean!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to see you CoSC. I think it's helpful to be here for the extra support & encouragement. Glad to have you aboard!

Sounds like you had a valuable experience in treatment. As for being tired, I was exhausted after abusing alcohol my whole life. I had to learn to live again in a new way. It takes time to heal & feel really good again. You're probably drained & wiped out from all you've put your body through - but I think if you're concerned you should talk to your doctor. Congratulations on your new beginning.