Quacking... cats, dogs and a bizarre world perspective

Old 06-07-2004, 06:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quacking... cats, dogs and a bizarre world perspective

just thought i would share with you something that i recognized a few days ago. we talk about how the A quacks and quacks because thats what A's do. and wow is that true.

for me it became a game to look around and analyze all the animals and people i come into contact with daily and what was their "Quack". turned into fun.

my cat, like the A, i realized it was useless to ask her to respond to me, because.. cats are cats and they really dont seem to care if you call them or not. they just shut their eyes and ignore you. but when she wants something.. lord help me if i dont feed her right when she wants to be fed. otherwise.. meow... meow...meooooowwww

my dog, is a big time codie... lol needs constant reassurance, needs gobs of attention, needs to feel part of me. never looks as well groomed as the cat because she is too busy seeking attention. reminded me of when i was putting the A first, before myself.

the rabbit in the yard, another codie, always scared, always looking around for trouble.. for danger. incapable of running away in a straight line, always dodging and darting.. trying to miss the next assault. kind of like how we as codies try to avoid the next confrontation.

i could go on and on. just a rambling thought. but much more fun than quack quack quack.

ps. did you know a ducks quack is the only sound known to man that has no echo? perhaps that is why when the A's quack, we dont deserve to have to listen to it more than once. lol
Old 06-07-2004, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((quietsins)))
How funny ! You are so right.
It's funny because that reminds me that one of the first things I realized when I started reading about codependency is that I was even codependent with my dog!!! Everytime she would ask for a treat or some petting or anything, I would jump to attention. That gave me a good laugh - the dog's needs were even more important than mine!
L
Old 06-07-2004, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Quietsins, thanks I needed that. Imagine all the quacking in my house with 2 dogs, 7 cats, and an A to boot. Barbara :crazy: