Families Anonymous Meeting

Old 10-23-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Families Anonymous Meeting

I attend a families anonymous meeting the other day and must admit I liked it better than Alanon. I think Alanon is more for the husbands/wives of the alcoholic? FA seems more geared to the siblings, parents of the alcoholic.I learned great new that some of my sons charges will be reduced. However his friends insurance will not cover the damage to the squad car so he will have to pay for that. It is sad to admit but my son is better off in prison right now. I think hes more comfortable there as well and I hope that one day that will change.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Sounds almost like a mirror of these folks . . . .

All Addictions Anonymous - Home

As far as Alanon -- and parents compared to spouses -- I see different groups that seem to have more of one or the other. Big difference I tend to see between them is the couples (both parents of an A child) compared to more *just* a husband or *just* a wife.

Bigger difference is whether the "A" part is supposed to Alcohol, or Addict (generally meaning drugs) or even so far out as my case at some level -- Anorexic.

Any "A" will do.

What I see over (and over, and over) is the same thing that All - Addictions link above seems to note -- It Is All The Same Thing . . . .
Old 10-23-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((upset))

glad you found a place you feel comfortable and are able to reach out for help for yourself.

pink hugs
Old 10-23-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think it's great you found a group you like...someplace you feel comfortable sharing!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes! It's so awesome to finally find a place where you feel welcome and understood! Keep going back!