Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Do you ever feel like your life with the alcoholic is like a bad B movie?

Do you ever feel like your life with the alcoholic is like a bad B movie?

Old 06-04-2002, 05:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy Do you ever feel like your life with the alcoholic is like a bad B movie?

That is how I have been feeling. I can't even believe the things he does or says. The excuses he dreams up and the manipulativeness he has.

Has anyone ever had to file such a think called a "partition action" to force the sale of a house? That has been the only reason I am still here. We bought a house together 2 years ago, one year before he started drinking again (after 6 years of sobriety) and he downright refuses to sell it. I am almost at the point where I am ready to walk anyway and deal with the consequences later.

What happens the the alcholic's sense of responsibility? His 15 year old daughter got caught drinking during school in March and was site for Drunk in Public. And does he take any responsibility? Heck no..... He is above all accountability. God forbid he just might have something to do with it. The she gets busted a few weeks ago shoplifting and he of course blames me......lol.....since he says his daughter constantly watches me interact with my daughter and is envious. WHATEVER! I have done more for and spent more time with his daughter in the past 3 years than he has!

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am dreading this summer already (if by chance I am still here) because all he will do is drink.

I want my life back! I want to be happy again. I want to wake up in the mornign and look forward to the day. I want my family and friends to want to come see me.

How does everyone else cope with something that is so hard to understand?

Sorry to ramble. Just feeling it today!

Jenny
Old 06-04-2002, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Jenny,

I cope one day at a time. And it also helps to have a plan so I don't feel so trapped. It helps me to come here and to have fun so my mind doesn't always slide toward everything negative. It helps to have all the support I have found here so even when I'm offline and out there on my own in the middle of a mess I know there are others who care about me in my situation.

Take it a day at a time,

MG

Old 06-04-2002, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi - I love the name!!

I was so relieved when I first came across this forum to know that there were other people just like me. I always thought I was abnormal. I lived in a nightmare where I never woke up but now I enjoy waking to a new day.

I still take back steps but I take more forward. Tonight - I found out that my A that happens to be my husband (we've been separated for almost 2 years) has a warrant out for his arrest. Apparantly, he had a hit and run 2 months ago and just found out they have a warrant out for him. He has had 4 DUI's and doesn't have a license right now - he was supposed to get them back in July. He's all depressed - doesn't know what to do... I didn't offer any advise. I just told him to do what he thinks is right.

He will probably go to jail and not get his license back for another year now. He just never learns.... I didn't get upset and I'm not really upset now. I think I'm a little disappointed in him. but something new for me-i'm not obsessing over it. I think it's because I didn't have any expectations. I really expected him to get caught before he really got his license back. I'm just surprised it took this long.

Anyway, just thought I would share with you guys.

You're not alone - Sweetie.. I'm right here with you..

Love,
Galnva
Old 06-04-2002, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hi,

My life is not a bad B movie..it is country western song....

Ok...he is what he is and you can't change that...he is an adult with all the choices that go along with it. He can choose to drink, he can choose to be a bad parent, and it sounds like he is choosing to make the sale of your house as difficult as possible.

It is not his choice to make your life a living hell...you have control over that. You can choose to fight or not, argue or not, be the best parent you can be or be angry at him for being bad one.

You can change your focus and accept what is and move on from there. Within the reality of the situation you can make choices that can make your life better...YOUR life...and your daughter's.

My suggestion is to learn about alcoholism...it is a family disease, meaning everyone is affected. My father is an A, my son's father is an A and my son is an A...I am suprised that the dog escaped...but then...we call him MAD MAX.

Your daughter could be at risk.

This comes from the heart from a person who has been deeply affected and cares alot...keep coming back..