Notices

24 days

Old 10-22-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

24 days

So now I am feeling a little bit better each day. When I hit day 20 I just felt the time crawl every second, all I wanted to do was go out and get hammered--but I am learning to think through the drink and to get to meetings, call my sponsor. Seeing a new doctor next week, so that will be good, trying to see if anything is wrong with my body, as I seem to be tired all the time and even sleeping doesn't seem to help. After being rejected yesterday I am learning not to take it personally, and that I am in a situation I don't want to be in because I used alcohol and my brain wasn't working the way it should. So I am going to give about six months of sobriety before I think about changing my life in any big way. Meanwhile, I am going to work on my dreams and not let one rejection stop me from pursuing them, I have to believe in myself--even if no one else does. Also, graduate school is not a healthy place for people trying to get sober. There is competition, petty frustration, rejection, and judgment--so please get sober before you enter an environment that can be hostile. Today is a new day for me to change my ways, to grow one day at a time, bit by bit.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Realising my life

That's great, Ach. I'm sorry about your rejection, but delighted at your response to it Sadly, rejection is part of life and it's how we deal with it that counts
Old 10-22-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there
Old 10-22-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I loved reading your post. It's very helpful for me. Great that you are being so strong and positive. What you wrote gives me more hope.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Great going on 24 days sober!! Keep on doing the right thing and never mind what others think or say.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have so much to do it is really stressful. Today I heard my AV tell me how stupid I am that I got rejected by a teacher and I should just drink and wait around to die, but I am too strong to give up. I do not care if one teacher does not like me, I still like myself. Some people will reject me in life and I have to deal with that. Going to eat now for the first time today. I really need help getting on a schedule.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Re read this Ach! C'mon your a fighter - fight this.