Notices

Stupid Mistake Means Massive Anxiety:-(

Old 10-22-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stupid Mistake Means Massive Anxiety:-(

After more than 5 months sobriety, I have been feeling so great, and things in my life have gotten so much better.

One of those things has been finances. Due to my drinking, we had no money, and overdrawing my checking account was a regular event. I prided my self in having it down to a system. How much can I overdraw my account and a check still be paid...was pretty go actually sad to say.

Since I have been sober, this just does not happen anymore because we have more money, and paying bills is not an issue. Well, due to a stupid mistake on my part when I forgot to enter a debit amount, my account became overdrawn by a measly $6.00 when my rent check cleared:-(

Usually the bank pays checks if the overdrawn amount is not that much, but I just don't know for sure, and am so worried if it won't the embarrassing phone call I will have to make to our landlord.

In almost 5 years of living there, this has never happened (I always made SURE that check would never hit insufficient funds)!!

So stressed, but I WILL NOT drink!!!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Our addiction has a way of blowing things up in such a manner as to make drinking the solution. An overdrawn check is a honest mistake, easily remedied. AND it is the first time you have done it.

So relax. Call the landlord and tell him what happened and for him to contact you if the check doesn't clear.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What Carl said. No biggie and an easy fix. Fear not!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Heard this years ago, "Don't sweat the small stuff." As they said, easy fix, even easier since you don't have to call all drunk to explain :-)
Old 10-22-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Not a big deal, very understandable mistake. Don't beat yourself up, just use it to learn something.